8

Half an hour passed, or maybe a whole hour? Link appreciated the domain at the foot of the mountain; He felt nervous, his cheeks were red but in his heart there were no romantic feelings to reciprocate, it was the first confession he received but instead of feeling emotion or happiness, sadness invaded him.

There was a gloomy expression on his face even with the heat on his face.

It didn't take the boy to gesture something; The dispute on his face, the mixture of emotions on the hylian's face, were a clear message that he did not feel the way she did; Heartbroken, Mipha began to whisper

-As in the legend ... Apparently, we will not be together in that way either- she said seeing him adorning her face with a sweet smile while the tears gathered in her eyes until they grew and rolled down her cheeks falling one after another on her lap where her clenched hands were.

Link hugged her tightly with the zora armor on still resting on his legs -Forgive me ...- he said with his raspy and disharmonious voice.

Only that word was lacking for Mipha to cling to the knight's chest, causing her to start crying, trembling and making weak whimpers; She was ready for that scenario but still, it was hurting her a lot, it hurted as much not to be reciprocated as for the boy to reject her.

The tears flowed from both of them, the pain demolished them and felt their pain made them fall into an abyss and the only thing they could do was cling to each other.

However, the weight of their hearts lightened after crying, perhaps they cried more because of the fear they felt during the Calamity about the idea that they were close to death, than the fact of rejecting and being rejected.

Mipha slowly opened her eyes, Link was so warm, soft, she felt his breath shaking from crying, it was just like being hugged by the future version of her little brother.

Maybe her feelings were not very different from what she felt for Sidon, he met Link when he was a child, she remembered when as a child he cried on the zora's lap after his mother died, she was the only champion that knew the hero's family.

Link always came with her to talk, to be her confidant and she appreciated him, she enjoyed his visits to the domain; Maybe ... She sensed that being rejected by the hero was actually for good.

Link separated from her and carefully began to gesticulate, his throat hurted, it burned, but he had to express what he felt not only with his face.

I love you, but it is not the type of love you feel for me, you are my best friend, you have been by my side almost all my life; I appreciate with all my heart having fought by your side, visiting you, talking, being with you, you have always been there for me, i'm sorry for not being able to correspond to you in the same way.

You need someone who knows how to appreciate you, love you with the same devotion, in the same way that you dedicate yourself to your people, I wish with all my heart, and I know for sure that you will meet that person that you will love him or her until the end of your days my dear friend .

Mipha nodded while trying to wipe her tears -Those were very nice words Link, thank you .. And please keep your armor, it will help you climb waterfalls, also to swim faster, if not as a couple, at least it is as a proof that I will always be there for you whenever you need me- she said placing her hand on the sword brooch -Could we always ... Always be friends? - she asked.

The boy nodded, took her hand and placed his lips on the back of it like a gentleman followed by a smile, Link smiled at her like when they first met.

That illuminated her heart, that little boy as tender as he was gentle had returned after so many years, at least for her.

-It's your birthday, I should have given you a gift but you already gave me one instead ... What I have been waiting for for years, Link, you didn' y smile like that since you were a child- she said while smiling, despite the rejection and the bitter moment, she felt her heart ignite in another way.