37

After eating, Urbosa, Link and Daruk went to the training fields, they saw soldiers, knights, of various ages, the youngest seemed of 18, the oldest reached 40 or late 30's and for the zoras...It was impossible to guess their ages.

The goron champion ran towards one of the applicants -¡Sister Mipha! - He exclaimed lifting a small reddish figure in his arms -¡Daruk! - Mipha laughed.

-We have not seen her in two years outside the domain ¿What changed her mind? - asked the matriarch with a notable expression of surprise and then looked where Link was -¿It was your knowledge on Hyrule's forbidden history? - she asked crossing her arms.

The gerudo despite having "disappeared" as "reappeared" during the kingdom's history they became confidants of the Sheikah clan to keep the oldest archives in well preserved stone cellars, Link wore his gerudo costume for the shrines as he studied about Hyrule's history.

Link smiled making a gesture with his shoulders -Maybe- he replied with a smile -Please ... Don't ... Tell her ... About ... Last night- he begged, if someone scolded him severely for having lost the vision of one eye, from seeing many scars on his body as well as that ephemerally lascivious relationship with that zora guard at his 23 it was Mipha; Who had gone from being a shy princess to scolding him with a passion of a thousand rays, but she only acted like that only with him.

They saw the zora princess approaching, she was wearing a typical soldier's armor of the domain although this one had details similar to the headdresses she usually wore on her head; She was holding her trident and with a serious expression looked at Urbosa, Mipha approached to bow before her -Urbosa ... You're basically her mother figure, I would like to ask your permission to be able to court Zelda- she said with tense shoulders.

Everyone waited for Urbosa to have at least a hint of resentment towards the zora princess for not having reciprocated or even clarifying anything in those two years but the only heard the gerudo's laugh in the air.

-Mipha, you're being pretty formal with me; I'm glad you've come back to clarify things with Zelda, but you should look for her before the tournament's welcome begins- she said afterwards, putting a hand on her hip -It hurted us a lot to see how you stopped talking so suddenly being both of you our family-

-A family of champions! - Daruk added with a huge smile, the zora clung to his trident with a shy smile -Okay, I'll go to look for her - she said as she ran inside the castle -¿Do you have any idea where she is? - Urbosa asked now almost in a shout in order to the zora could hear her -A little idea!- Mipha's voice exclaimed from afar.

The matriarch gave Link a look and a shoulder gesture as if to say "Go as the cavalry" to which Link started to run looking for Mipha.

Both went up to the main tower, where they heard a couple of voices, Revali and Zelda talking amusingly about funny personal anecdotes of the rito during his duty looking for Terrako's pieces, the hylian princess sounded a bit more cheerful than on other days.

Mipha walked but frozed before the wide open door, her cheeks turned red when she looked at Zelda.

Zelda looked just like Hylia in flesh and bones, the zora took a step back, Link despite the nervousness because Revali was there too, got behind Mipha to hold her by the shoulders and gently push her forward.

He gave Mipha a last push that noticed the presence of the zora before the hylian princess.

-Zelda ... - Mipha didn't know what else to say -¿What are you doing here? - Zelda asked with an angry expression on her face -¿Who allowed you to come? - She questioned as she raised her right hand invoking a little light in a threatening way .

Mipha contemplated those beautiful green eyes and could see through that hostility, sadly it was something caused by her and it was time to fix it -I came to participate in the tournament- she replied softly.

Zelda lowered her hand -I won't not allow it- she said approaching her, clenching her hands -I've readed the rules, the zora's royal family count as servants to the crown, there is no specification of races or gender, denying my participation would be against the rules- Mipha answered calmly.

-¡Ah! ¡What a coincidence! That's exactly what your letter said two years ago, that I must follow the rules, this tournament is for that! I'm looking for someone to have a baby, something that seems more important than my heart- Zelda screamed.

Mipha approached her, stretched out her hand but gave up -Yes, I told you many horrible things, even though I also feel the same way ...- she whispered, clinging it to her trident, closing her eyes -I choosed to ... break your heart in a cruel way, not approaching until now because I was a fool and I'm sorry... With all my heart - she said opening her eyes.

Zelda was crying again -¿Don't you think it's a bit late for that? -she asked in a broken voice -It's never too late to try to fix things- Mipha answered, the Hylian princess kept quiet -That's why, Zelda, let me. .. Let me participate in this tournament, I let go an opportunity, I let go your hand when you needed me the most ... I know that if I win this tournament or not, you will still have that feeling in your heart where you feel invaded by mistrust, mistrust that i planted in you myself, but I swear, that I will spend more days showing you my devotion, my love and trust than the days you cried because of me-

There was silence, Zelda turned her back on them, resting her hands on the stone fence, clenching her hands as the tears fell uncontrollably; Terrako took a piece of the dress with one of his legs to get the hylian princess's attention and begin to sing his typical lullaby; Revali rested a wing on her shoulders.

Mipha sighed and turned around -Come on Link, I have to get ready- she whispered.

Revali gave the blond a look, nodding, saying in that silence that he would accompany the princess, Link made a similar gesture back to accompany Mipha.

-Revali, ¿Can you do me a favor? - asked Zelda, the rito was caressing her back in circles in a fraternal and protective gesture -Whatever you need Zelda, I'm here for you-

_____

-What I'm wondering is ... ¿Why hasn't Rhoam tried to take you out of the castle? - Daruk asked Mipha while scratching his head, she was focused on practicing different movements learned during that express lesson with Link -I sent him a letter ago days asking for a place among the participants, first apologizing, then my intentions to court Zelda, as soon as I received his reply giving his approval, I began to train harder- she responded still immersed in the exercises.

Finally the royal guards began to clear the newcomers - ¡Participants! ¡Make your way for King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule and Princess Zelda! - They announced creating a safe area, Rhoam and Zelda came out of the doors ... But there was something different now.

-The princess ... She her hair is different- whispered a knight -She doesn't look as feminine as in the calamity- another voice whispered; Mipha's face was extremely flushed, that new cut made her look even more beautiful, her hair was short, above her shoulders; She no longer looked like Hylia, it made the real Zelda shine, the love of her life.

The hylian princess raised her arms and with a smile that seemed to have been practiced several times in front of the mirror, she spoke -May all of you have the blessing of the Goddess in this tournament and fight with honor! - She exclaimed as the contestants raised their various weapons.

Link stared at Zelda, so capable of keeping calm in front of strangers, he thought of seeing at least a minimal trace of her crying from some minutes ago but there was nothing, she was looking neat. -¿How are you feeling little knight? - Revali asked, the rito was behind him, Link was going to turn -Keep your gaze straight ahead- said the archer.

-I'm Better ... Thank you- The knight answered while Zelda gave her speech.

-¿Do you remember ... what happened last night or not? - Revali asked, Link tensed and felt his cheeks turning red hot his chest shuddered, he opened his mouth but nothing came out, when the participants shouted again at a question asked by Zelda, the blond replied in a barely audible whisper -Yes ...-

(THIRTY-SEVENTH CHAPTER; Link is the type of person who can't lie besides if he had, Revali is too cynical to know that it would be a lie, so we can do it, let's see the reconciliation between Mipha and Zelda throughout the tournament)