9

The rito champion continued crossing his wings while raising an eyebrow "¡Huh! ¿Confidence in myself? I have always been the best, the best of all in this village, FROM HYRULE" "confidence in myself ..." the ideas were going around his head and the paternal gaze of the chief that he remembered from his growth as the "nobody's child" in the village confused him.

He shook his head wanting to avoid that topic "Remember, you are here for what you offered" he carefully pushed Kaneli's wing away from him.

-As you say Kan, ¿Can i use your house as a meeting place? I already called everyone from the last flight competition some time ago - he said changing the topic - Although they're not as fast as me, they are capable enough to create a messaging system - he commented.

The chieftain understood the internal debate of the young rito so he just nodded his head -Whatever you need boy- Kaneli said -And also, I need a map of Hyrule, ¿Do you still have the one you used to show me when you gave me those lessons as a kid? - Revali asked, the answer he got was another nod from the old rito.

Half an hour later there were several rito, females and males in light armor of their kind waiting on the stairs, Revali let in a few.

In the chieftain's house while the rito sat in a lotus flower pose with their gazes straight ahead; The rito champion unfolded the Hyrule's old map and with a charcoal marked the location of the towers as square-shaped references.

He assembled 8 teams of 14 fast-flight ritos for each one; Said leaders of each team would cover a region and were the ones who seated in front of him while those waiting outside or still on the stairs were the members of those different teams.

-We need badges for each region of Hyrule, each captain already knows which region to cover- he commented -There are reconstruction areas in these different points- he said pointing with a couple of "x" -and a majority of refugees are estimated to be in these areas- he added while marked those points with an "o" -I need each team captain to memorize or copy the locations, although first you will need to present yourselves to King Rhoam and Princess Zelda to officiate all of this message system, you must be already prepared to cover your respective regions- he finished.

-Great Revali- one of the captains lifted the wing, a rito with black feathers, white make-up marks and aquamarine beads in his braids, although he highlighted that on one side there was a kind of golden ornament under one of the beads -¿What is it, Nill? - Asked the Rito champion with his chest involuntarily inflated by that new nickname that he liked a lot -¿How can we know that we will fly safely? -

-You are not sure of that- he answered immediately -The sheikah, hylian soldiers and some champions will dedicate ourselves into trying to clean the areas as much as possible, but we cannot guarantee the life or safety of each one of you, I chosed you because you were on the first places of that old race, you flew with care, bravery, and during the monster's hoards you were the most organized protecting the rito that were in danger, that is why I will ask you once again ... ¿Will you be the captains of your teams? ¿Or are you going to reject it just for fear of something you have already fought ? - After this, he pointed to the captains with the charcoal that was staining the feathers of his wing.

There was a great silence, soon one by one they got up with solemn expressions -We accept the positions that the Rito champion has given us- that black-feathered rito spoke again.

-¡For the Rito! ¡For Hyrule! - Revali exclaimed then - ¡For the Rito people! ¡For Hyrule! - The rest of the rito followed in chorus, raising their wings in fists.

As soon as the captains went for their equipment and organize their respective teams, Revali began to gather the refugees who heard all the commotion, many were staying at an inn, others were received by the most sociable Rito families or warriors; Despite the cold, they had bought or made their own clothes to withstand the cold weather.

-It will only be for a while, Isha- the archer heard a whisper who seemed like the captain of the team that had feared for his safety before, Revali turned to find him talking to a red-haired hylian who had her front locks braided with a pair of black feathers at the end - I know, but please, be careful, Nill- said the hylian as she stood on her tiptoes and placed her lips on Nill's beak. The black-feathered rito rested his forehead against his lover's one.

The feathers meant only one thing, that they were a couple, surely the strange gold ornament was actually a hylian's ring that she gave him in exchange.

Even she seemed to have received the acceptance of the people as they said goodbye to the couple with slight nods of the head or affectionate comments from another rito that they were a couple of "crazy lovebirds".

Revali looked at that scene in amazement, he had heard of different kinds of crazy love-stories that arose during more than half a year of wars including when Ganon showed up; Stories about a zora soldier falling in love with a rito archer, that a Goron that fell in love with a Gerudo warrior, but witnessing it was like a fireball to the cultural separations that each region had.

"Apparently the calamity brought more things than just disaster, that's good" he thought trying to discredit the astonishment that the interaction had caused him; He was no one to judge, after all he had never been attracted to the females of the town or any female in general.

Even with that image in mind, he began to gather the hylian refugees, on the take-off platform - Please come closer - there were only a couple of dozen, they hugged themselves, others seemed to have gotten used to the weather; Revali received a couple comments about the refugees in the village; Many of them helped in the reconstruction of bridges and accesses around Tabantha and even helped on the hunting chores, the same thing happened in that village as in the ranch at the foot of the place.

He took out from his pouch the letter from the Tabantha region that he had already readed before -I have an official message from Princess Zelda- he said as he extended the first page of the letter.

_____

After finishing the speech, the refugees began to disperse, in the back was that red-ahi red hylian, Nill's lover with both hands clasped, she shyly approached him -Excuse me, Great Rito Champion, I've heard that Linky turned out to be one of the champions, ¿Could you tell me how has he been? -

Revali did his best not to laugh at that childish nickname -¿"Linky"? -
_____

The sun was hiding between the mountains and the trees. Hateno's fortress consisted of more abandoned tents than the destroyed structure itself, Link put all his balance on one foot and, propelled with the master sword in hand, he twirled, focusing all his strength on the weapon.

With a graceful spin, he repeled several silver bokoblins that had surrounded him, blocking with his shield a Dragonbone Boko Club with which the moblin that led them attacked him, and then lunged back.

Spins, remote bombs, dodges, the line of monsters that were attracted by abandoned food from the abandoned camp was being reduced to small hordes, from the small hordes they became a few and from a few they became none.

Link fell to his knees, he was full of dirt; Panting, the afternoon cold made the pantings that came from his parched lips some tiny mist clouds; After catching his breath, he saw how the moon was about to reach the center of the sky.

There was still time, he brought two fingers to his dried lips and gave a loud whistle, in the distance Epona's gallop could be heard heading to where he was.

(NINTH CHAPTER; WUUUUuuuuu, Sometimes I go to bed thinking how to direct the story but at the time of writing I can feel how the story go ahead thanks to the characters, I like this Link a lot, like, they hardly show you the story but I had to take that section of the hero's book and the champions diaries to conceive more or less how he would behave, the same thing happens with Revali tho... And I've got fan-lore out of my sleeve as well, it's my fanfic after all, Thanks for Reading !)