23

Mipha hurried to get up, walked to Link trying to straighten him again while princess Zelda was still staring blankly -That ... would partly explain why our Link had to train from such a young age to master weapons, legends said that whoever has the triforce of courage has dominion on every weapon he or she touches - Impa commented.

Zelda stood up to approach her advisor and whispered seriously -We'll talk about those details later, Impa-

-It's stupid, Link showed he deserved that damn bright triangle for a long time, he even wielded the damn sword that seals the darkness ¿What other proof does Hylia require? - Revali exclaimed, he was furious -He took the sword at a critical moment in a moment of desperation wanting to protect us, he has always protected us, that proves that he is worthy of the sword and the triforce- added the zora, fiercely supporting the rito.

Impa set her hands in front of them in a gesture pleading the champions to calm down -Y-Yeah, i-i do think the same way, it's something that had never happened before, or at least it's not in the records, it's the first time that the hero draws the sword without being the chosen one by Farore-

-Link is a hero, just like all of us in this damn room- the rito commented.

-¡It's enough! - Zelda exclaimed -Yes, the sword that seals the darkness was a gift from the Goddess Hylia to protect the kingdom, but the triforce does not belong to her directly, there are three more goddesses- she started as she went to her desk to take out a scroll from one of the drawers, she unfolded it showing three female figures, a green one, a red one and a blue one.

-The golden goddesses- Zelda started to explain and pointed at the red figure -Din, the goddess of power- then pointed the blue one -Nayru, the goddess of wisdom- finally pointed to the green figure -Farore, the goddess of courage - she said, raised her head to see Link.

Zelda waited for everyone to calm down and take their seats again-Nayru's power has been in my family since the origin of Hyrule, that's why all descendants are women, we're the priestesses destined to protect the kingdom, part of our ...duty is to look for the best match that makes the descendants stronger; Ganon has possessed the power of Din since its existence is known, but the triforce of courage has always changed of owner, family, era- she said -There has been records of the hero's reincarnation but also other ones that were the same case as our Link-

-If the chosen one by the triforce of courage passed away at this time, it is most likely that if Link, our Link, do the tests to prove himself worthy of Farore's power then he would become the bearer of the triforce of courage until the day of his death - She explained, the princess looked at the knight.

-Link, I asked you to supervise the reconstructions but if you want to see if you are worthy of the tests, you can go to the fountain of courage at Necluda, I'm sure that i speak for everyone when I say that for us you already proved to be the hero we needed at this time; Even the sword you carry on your back is definitive proof of it- Zelda finished with a hurt look, it was unfair that this detail was the detonator of such an unnecessary scandal, especially for her friend.

Finally Link got up from his chair and with a downcast gaze he began to gesture while walking to the desk where the slate rested.

Could I ... Take the Sheikah slate?

Revali stood up, went ahead and covered the slate with his wing -You will not go anywhere, at least not in that state- it was then when the knight turned around and started to run -¡Link! - He felt Zelda grabbing him from the shoulder -He needs time, everything has been like a blow for him- said the princess.

The archer denied - He needs support NOW- Revali replied before going after Link but the knight had already disappeared into the corridors between the crowds.

_____

Hours passed, Zelda met with the other champions and explained what happened as long as they could help her look for Link, Mipha went with the princess to try to find him at the training fields, Daruk went to the plain but they found nothing; Revali flew around the citadel and its surroundings until his wings began to hurt.

It was getting dark and the rito was still flying despite the pain as tiredness -Please little knight, show up already- he whispered anxious, he was afraid about Link doing something stupid.

Above, inside one of the highest towers of the castle still under reconstruction, the young hylian's sobbing could be heard, hugging his knees, he had the sword in its sheath in front of him and he didn't stop crying or trying to suppress his tears; He felt like a fraud, an impostor.

-Here you are, young man- someone whispered next to him, Link abruptly moved away with his eyes reddened due to the hours of crying,  he was scared and breathed heavily; The matriarch sat next to him -We're all worried about you- she whispered trying to put a hand on his shoulder, she received a slap that scared the knight more than Urbosa's surprised expression.

He closed his eyes expecting a slap or a scream about being a man and putting himself together but he only received a gentle pat on the head, gentle caresses, fingers getting tangled in his hair in a maternal gesture that made him feel good, he slowly calmed down and snuggled to her side.

The matriarch wore a gerudo shawl due to the cold of the night, she briefly reminded him of her late mother; The desire to cry seized the knight who clung to that cloth and continued his crying.

-Cry link, you need it, you deserve to cry, let it flow through you my little puppy - Urbosa whispered in a soft tone and was now snuggling him into her shoulder; Link was already a man, he was a kind knight, and that's why he had earned the right to cry, it was until Link's head ached from crying when he separated with his head lowered but raised his eyes shyly.

Urbosa continued to watch him in a warm way, her eyes meeting the swordsman's.

I was never worthy, I am a usurper, a fraud.

Link was gesturing with his shaky hands; She hugged him -Link, Zelda told us about what happened in the study room; but tell me, am I treating you differently? Did the sword changed its appearance? - She asked as Link shook his head in denial.

The gerudo took the knight's cheek to wipe one of his tears with her thumb -You have always been more than enough, to protect Zelda, to defeat Ganon, to wield the sword that seals the darkness ... And to be our friend, Link, we will love you whether or not you have a symbol in your hand, that does not determine who you are or what you will be- Urbosa whispered.

Again the youngest snuggled into her, she had become a maternal symbol for Link since he met her; For the first time he was so weak in front of her, Link generally kept his expression serene, but everything that happened even before reaching the castle was too much for his stone-expression to handle; After a long time, he was persuaded to follow the gerudo and go downstairs.

Everyone had gathered in the training ground talking with concern until the matriarch greeted them -Sav'orr!- She said aloud to say good night still holding Link against her; The champions and princess hurriedly approached, everyone hugged him except Revali who placed the slate in the knight's belt.

-Don't scare me like that again, you stupid dork-said the rito reluctantly as he gave him his uniform gloves back, Link took them with a slight nod, the knight didn't smile, he was just present, feeling the warmth from his friends.

Still inside him, there was a voice that told him he was an impostor, Urbosa arrived just before he actually made the stupidest decision of all in his desperate moments.

(TWENTY-THIRD CHAPTER; Obviously i was going to put DRAMA cuz yeah, it has fallen a shitload of tense situations on the poor kiddo, he's tired, he's fighted with his sister and now they tell him it's a kind of "particular case" i would cry too indeed, but he's not alone, he has a loving family and supportive friends in this hard path; ALSO DOUBLE UPLOAD TODAY! Cuz i'm gonna be busy doing some freelance work for the next days)