Chapter 17 - A Cold Wet Day

It was raining, that much I knew as I awoke to my third day in camp. I could hear it pounding against canvas roof outside relentlessly. Looking at the time I realized we still had an hour till we had to be out and I didn't fancy going for a run this morning. So I settled back down enjoying the warmth that the tent provided.

I could feel Eve next to me, her head resting on my arm. She was still sound asleep and looked at peace compared with last night's drama. Her hair radiated orange under the yellowish glow of the tent weaving a blanket over her back.

"Looks like you two slept well," mumbled a voice to my right.

"Morning David," I chuckled. "Actually she couldn't sleep."

"Uhu that's what they all say, you two official yet?"

"No... I don't know."

He shook his head laughing. "Taking your time aren't you?"

"I'll get round to it eventually. We've got looting tomorrow!" I said changing the subject.

"And a swim in the lake. You think they'll still be doing it after what happened yesterday?"

"Well we have to eat so I guess we don't have a choice."

"Speaking of food I'm gonna get something to eat!" And with that David hoped out of his sleeping bag and made his way to the ration box which we had collected yesterday.
I snorted, laying my head back down and closed my eyes, trying not to think about spending a day in the rain. I felt a hand creep over my body reaching for mine and I smiled, gladly excepting it.

"Morning handsome," I heard her whisper.

I looked down. Her blue eyes sparkled with life; a gentle smile playing on her lips. "Well good morning to you to. You sleep well?"

"Uhu," she mumbled. Snuggling down further into my arm, keeping her eyes on me.

"Can we not just say like this forever?"

"If only but we still have a good half an hour before we have to even think about getting up,"

"I like the sound of that, what do you wanna do?" She asked seductively.

"Is that rain or is someone peeing!" Moaned twin one. I rolled my eyes, so much for a 'good morning'.

"Isabel!" Exclaimed twin two, Eleanor.

"Obviously someones peeing!" Retorted Sophie sarcastically.

"Well I don't think where gonna get much privacy here!" I muttered to Eve.

"Got that right boy, so don't get any ideas!" Sophie jested, rolling into Eve with a laugh.

"So what do we have over here?!" Gasped Isabel.

"You two sleep together!" The other finished.

"Do you two ever going to give it a brake!" Moaned Elliot from the back corner, half asleep.

"So what if we did, what's it to you two?" Eve teased, sitting up and giving the twins a wink. They just sat their and starred with there mouths hanging half open, speechless as Eve grabbed a par of trousers and slipped them on under the covers. "Time for a bit of breakfast I'm thinking," she continued, twisting round and giving me a lingering kiss on the cheek before getting up.

Suddenly I was very much awake realising what had just just happened, she had kissed me?! I looked over at the twins who looked as bewildered as I felt and where still sat up mouths open.

"Cat got your tongue?"Jamie chucked as she walked by, joining Eve for breakfast.

"Did I miss something?" Mumbled James, pocking his head out from inside the sleeping back With a snort. "What's stopped them talking?!"