Chapter 6 - Beginning of the End

I'd been back at school for over a week now and the attention was finally waning. I had become quite the celebrity and it had been pretty cool the first day and even the second. But after you've told the same story like a hundred times it just gets rather boring. Especially since there wasn't much of a story to tell. But in other news I finally got the letter from National Rails, it included the investigation results and a sincere apology, even compensation. They had found that the driver, who sadly was the only person to die, had a seizure and basically lost control over the train because of it. The rest is quite self explanatory. When I'd told this to Eve she'd found it quite odd. Sadly Eve and I have had little time to spend together outside of school since the hospital but it was going to ask her if she wanted to go to town sometime this week. But at this moment in time I was resting in the common room watching the news.

"You seen the news recently Daniel, everything seems to be going very weird."

"You got that right, your train crash wasn't the only accident caused by someone having a seizure."

"Really?!"
"Yeah there are loads of them popping up and an increase in violence. The press are having a field day, and all this conspiracies of people saying it's part of that virus the life stock have been getting."

"They've started burning the cattle haven't they?"

"Beginning of the week, have you seen the price of meat? My mum's always moaning about it."

"Do you think the two thinks could be linked?"

"What the cattle and the seizures, I don't know. Things have just gotten weird recently, with all the people skipping off school and the news talking about plane crashes here, burned farms there. It's worse as the days go by. I don't know what to believe anymore."

"Neither do I, but I think it's rather cool."

"We can only sit and wait to see what happens."

"I still don't think a tomato is a fruit, defiantly a vegetable!"

"Oh Soap give over, it's scientifically proven that they are in-fact fruits, like Pluto's a dwarf planet." Sarah fought back.

"There are dwarfs on Pluto?!"

"You're doing A levels, are you really that stupid?!" Tom joined in.

"Hay Sarah said it not me!"

"It just means it's a really small planet, not a planet full of little people!" Sarah defended.

"Your such a stupid idiot!"

"Wow Tom, calm down!" Sam exclaimed. "There's no need for that!"

Something hasn't been quite right with Tom over the last couple of days, he's seemed really agitated and twitchy.

"Well it's not my fault she's thick headed!"

"What has been with you recently Tom?"

"Nothing, I'm fine!" he lied scratching viciously at his hand, drawing blood.

"Tom, stop that! I think you need to calm down!"

"I think you should shut up and mind your own business!" blood was starting to flow freely now but he just kept on digging deeper into the wound, he didn't even seem to notice.

I looked at Tom wide eyed completely taken off guard, he looked viciously back, his eyes blood shot. He defiantly didn't look well.

"Okay Tom now your scaring us STOP IT!" screamed Sarah.

I was on my feet now and grabbed his hand trying to stop him from harming himself.

With out warning he punched me hard in the face with his free hand. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!"