Chapter 5 - Finally Leaving

Firstly I hope your enjoying the story so far! And thank you for reading, secondly I'm sorry that this chapter may have a few spelling and grammar mistakes, I haven't had time to fully edit it but I wanted to continue publishing on time!
******************
The days went slow at the hospital. In-between sleep and Dr Ivic I had very little to do but sit and watch the city go about its daily business through the wide window, or wait for a visitor. My mum came every day checking on me and fussing over my care but she could never stay for long. Then I had my other regular visitor, Eve. She would come at the oddest of time. Don't get me wrong I was grateful for the company and I hated it when she had to leave. But I began to notice little things here and there that you wouldn't normal notice at school because you're too busy buying your chips or stressing about school work. Or it could just be me; I do have way too much time to myself. But still the other night it must have been what, past midnight and I woke up for whatever reason and there she was sleeping peacefully on the edge of the bed. The next morning she was gone. I remember earlier that evening she had come in with a rather large bruise hidden under her hair, and she looked like she'd been crying. When I asked her about it she went all awkward and didn't answer. And that wasn't the first time I caught her sleeping over plus the Nurse sometimes mentions it on her morning rounds. I wondered what her parents thought of this.

"Good morning Seth, think the Doctors got some good news for you today!" the nurse smiled, neatening my covers.

I greeted her back and wondered what it could be, could he finally be letting me go, I saw no point in me being here!

"Morning Seth, good news, you're going home!"
"It's about time!"

He chuckled, "not so hasty, I wanted to keep you in for longer but the hospital needs more space freed up."

"So when do I leave?"

"As soon as we sign you off, you want me to call anyone?"

"No, I'll surprise mum. Thank you, for everything."

"Don't mention it, looks like you'll make it to school for Monday though."

"It will be nice to be back, train should be fun!" I laughed

He raised his eyebrow,"I don't want to see you back anytime soon!"

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on it, have you tried the food?!"

He nodded and handed me a sheet of paper signing me off. "You take care now."

I slide out of my bed (the drip had been gone after the first day) and grabbed the bag of fresh clothes my mum had brought me and quickly made my way to the bathroom. Ones in I quickly got out of the hideous gown, being careful of my arm. I noticed the three short scars that where developing on my chest from where they cut me open, I still looked a bit black and blue especially my face but I was healing. It felt good to be back in a pair of jeans and shirt. Leaving the bathroom, I made way down to the waiting room.

"It about time they let your go! Biology's been awfully lonely!"

"Good morning Eve. How did you know I was getting signed off?"

"I'm quite the regular if you haven't noticed, Ivic told me yesterday."

"What! He told you and not me, hey do I smell bacon?!"

"Maybe, fancy breakfast?" she produced two bacon buttes.

"You know me too well." I said taking one of them off of her. "I've been living on prison rations for last four days!"

"Thought you might like it. Shall we?" she nodded towards the door.

"With pleasure!"

We strolled out of the hospital into the gentle breeze of a Sunday morning frost, the sun warming are faces and making it unbearable to look anywhere near Eves ginger hair without blinding me.