Chapter 18 - A Golden Dawn

Happy valentines! The chapter works by going from the pep talk in the pavilion to the next morning in the tent... and back and forth... Just incase you get confused! (Teaser for 'Chapter 19 - The Looting' at end of chapter! )
******************

"Alright, group 3A due to the weather and other matters, you won't be able to do your training for tomorrow so your only going to get the brief. You'll be leaving at 0800 tomorrow..."

*

I opened my eyes, I could feel Seth's arm gently resting on me, protecting me. His warm breath tickling my neck.

*

"You'll need nothing more than what you're wearing now and your bags, the rest will be provided..."

*

De-meshing my self from his body I sat up. Why was it so silent? The rain quenched outside, leaving the tent to bask in the morning sunlight making everything radiate gold.

*

"Teams of 10, so the people you sleep with. A driver will take you to the drop-off point, leaving from front gate..."

*

I felt a hand caress my back gently, "Morning," I whispered turning back. A smile playing on his lips.

*

"We're wanting: food, clothes, blankets, even weapons. Especially food, we only have so much and we have a lot of mouths to feed..."

*

His eyes lured me back into his arms and I found my self once again intimately entwined. My head resting against his.

*

"You withhold anything and you'll be punished and don't think we won't be checking you. It's a fight for survival..."

*
The bronze glow emphasised every feature of his face, playing with the deep brown eyes looking tenderly into mine.

*

"There will be a soldier with you at all times so do as your told. It could be the difference between your life and your death."

*

His nose nuzzled mine lightly. I could hear and feel his every breath, his hand drifting over my body making me shudder with anticipation.

*

"Do not attract attention to your self. Be silent. They're attracted to sound. Do not forget; no where is safe..."

*

Our eyes never lost contact, nothing mattered but him. I felt his hand brush my face, tip toe along my jaw line.

*

"When you hear or see something, hide. Whatever you do, don't scream. You're not a bunch of girls, this is serious..."

*

He reached my chin slowly raising It with a finger.

*

"But most importantly, do not engage in combat; they will rip you to shreds, only for you to wake up as one of them; a monster."

*

Instinct took over as our bodies met in the middle, our lips leading the front line; the battle of our lips was certainly a passionate one, breaths mingling, intoxicating each other as we both drew the weapons of our tongues into the tryst. My arms snaked around his neck, my fingers wrapping into his hair to bring him closer yet; my need for him in this moment refused to be repressed. We were so far passed trespassing, we were relishing in the discovery of new lustful territory.

*************
(Chapter 19 - The Looting... Teaser)

We ran in silence down the familiar pathway, avoiding the puddles as we went. I looked around at my friends wondering if we would all make it back alive. Honesty I didn't know what to expect out there but there was a reason why we now lived behind a fence.