Chapter 46 - Dazed

Everything felt right, well as right as it could be. Yes the world had practically ended, the 'zombie apocalypse' was in full swing, and Eve was slightly crazy, but... we were both alive and that's what mattered.

Reaching over I placed a comforting arm over her, but quickly recoiled. She was soaking wet!

Opening my eyes, I looked over, not only was she soaking wet but also naked! Shocked, I quickly looked away, throwing my blanket over her. What now!

Getting up, I rested a hand on her neck, her skin was as cold as ice and she wasn't even shivering... was she...

Heaving a sigh, Eve rolled over her eyes flickering open. "Hey handsome," she purred.

My heart skipped a beat, she was alive! "Why are you so wet?"

"Does it really matter," she groaned, wrapping her arms around my neck before pulling me in. "It's been a while since me and you have had some alone time anyway."

I happily obliged, dragging a second blanket over our heads. But before I could even cover the both of us she was attacking my lips, like a hungry animal would its prey. And there was a passion behind it that I had never seen before. It... scared me.

Taken back, I broke off, but she only continued her pursuit, working her way down my neck teasing me. Don't get me wrong, it felt great, but at the same time the lust I felt felt fake, like it wasn't my own, and this wasn't the Eve I first kissed.

Without realizing it, I groaned, feeling my body become more submissive to Eve's touch, my mind becoming hazy. I could feel her teeth nibbling at my skin, tracing my neckline.

"Seth... Eve?"

It was Jamie! Thrown out of my stumper I hurriedly tossed the blanket off forgetting Eves nakedness.

"OH! I'm so sorry, where you two..."

I could feel myself turning a deep shade of red, similar to that of Jamie's face while Eve just giggled!

"I'll get you latter," Eve whispered, sending chills down my spine, and with that she rolled out of are confined tent taking with her some clothes.

What had gotten into her! Looking up at Jamie I could see she wasn't happy. "What?"

"We need to talk."

I sighed. "Does it have to be now?"

"No, latter when we have some more privacy."

"I know what your gonna say but there's nothing we can do about it."

"Latter."

Frowning, I left it at that dragging on my dirty cloths. "What do we do now?"

"There's a meeting on the main field, their reassigning everyone's tasks."

"Now?"

"Yes now."
*

I didn't trust Eve, not one bit, not since she got back. I could see her with Seth slightly head smiling away like nothing's wrong. There would be moments were it would be just like the old days when we first started off in this camp, chatting, laughing, playing like the young adults we were. But then there were times, like last night, where she would... do some questionable things.

I saw her last night, past midnight, standing out in the moonlight naked! Just standing there for a good 10 minutes before disappearing into the night. I didn't follow, I was more afraid of what would of happened if she'd discovered me. I knew what she could do...

"...Jamie?"

"Mhm," I could see Seth looking at me expectantly. Sorry, what was the question?"

"What do you thing their gonna get us to do now?

"Your guess is as good as mine," I replied, glancing at Eve. Even her look had changed, her face was harder, more drawn out and her hair was wild. She no longer cared what people thought of her, to think she used to be shy!

  "CAN EVERYONE GATHER IN FEILD ORDER AND GROUP ORDER!"

Looking up I noticed the usual officers and soldiers on the megaphone quieting and gathering everyone in order on the main field before the 'boss' made his speech.

"SILENCE!"

When the crowed finally settled Major General Warren stepped up, looking a little on the ruff side compared to when he first 'welcomed' use.

"I know we've had our bad times, and we have lost many good people, but we are still here. We have lost communication with all but 3 other camps in the UK alone, so the fact that we are still going is something. That being said I will not tolerate anyone opposition or slackers, no questions asked you will be executed on the spot or thrown out. Now because of resent events there have been some changes: your food will now come from a canteen and you accommodation will be made from what ever you can find. There will be no more fires and there will be more supply runs. Finally regarding the skirmish, the infected tunnelled in. We managed to contain them to Field 3, 4 and the main field. There where no casualties from field 7 and 5. Your field captains and officers will now give you further details."

I could see our field officers gathered around Captain Harrison, some of them not looking too happy at all.

"More supply runs? Where already going out twice a week, is it even worth it!" Sophie commented.

"It's not that bad out there, better then been coupled up in this place," Eve replied.

"You and your friend barely survived!"

"But we survived non the less, you think this camps going to last much long?"

"What do you mean," Seth asked.

"Well it's not even been a month and we already got partly overrun, what's stopping them from doing it again and again and again. You heard the General, there's only 3 camps left, plus ours makes 4."

No one replied, she was only voicing what we were all thinking, plus Officer Davies was working his way over anyway.

   "Where's the rest of you?" He asked.

"This is it sir..." A random person answered.

He sighed, muttering something under his breath. "I got good news and bad news. Firstly, do I have Evelyn..."

It took me a second to realise it was Eve he was after.

"Yes sir?"

  "Your confined to camp so your being reassigned to field 7 during the day."

"Field 7, isn't that the schools? Why!"

  "Orders are orders, I'm just the messenger. You're to report immediately so... off you go."

"What, now?"

"That's what I said, and if I'm honest you got it lucky now go."

Eve, our Eve was going to be around children... great! Davies waited for her to leave before he continued.

"You lucky lot get to go on daily supply runs!"

Just about everyone gasped, but we all kind of guessed it. "7 days a week!" I asked.

"6, Monday to Saturday. You leave at dawn and must be back before sunset."

"We might as well kill are selfs now, it would be quicker!" Someone shouted.

"Your free to leave, or I can shoot you now If you like," Davies replied, in all seriousness. Everyone stopped complain after that. "Is everyone clear?"

There was a choruses of yeses.

"Then you leave at once, make your way down to the front gate."