10.| ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴏɢᴇʀꜱ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER TEN.
   [10]. Little Rogers.
[PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɴɴᴇʀꜱ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴇ
ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɴɴᴇʀ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

JAMES HAD A LOT on his mind after his talk with Wanda. He was sure he loved her, and it scared him more than anything. Because he knew he would have to deal with the pain that comes with loving someone. So the one thing he could do was jog to get his mind off things.

"Sir, I wanted to know if we were going to exam my powers today."

A startled James jumped and threw Vision onto the ground. "Vision! You can't just sneak up like that."

"I'm so sorry, Sir." Vision quickly apologized, slightly embarrassed.

James sighed before helping Vision stand from the ground.

"You're upset, why?" Vision says

"What are you talking about?" James huffed

"I can—I can feel your anger." Vision responded

The boy snorted. "I'm not angry, Vision. Just wanted space to myself."

"I'm not sure that's the truth, sir—"

"—Vision, please, just go." James sighed as he paused in his place. "Or matter of fact, you stay and I'm going back."

With that, James walked back to the headquarters. And once he stepped foot into the house his eyes were met with both his mother and father's upset eyes.

"What did I do, now?" James huffed, taking his shoes off and throwing them across the room.

"Vision told us you threw him onto the ground. What? You're gone for 4 months and forget your manners?" Natasha scolds.

James narrowed his eyes. "Not once in my life did you teach me any manners. And he forgot to mention the fact that he snuck up on me."

"Yes, but when are you ever actually startled by anyone that catches you off guard," Steve says unconvinced by his son's lie.

"I think I'm falling for her." James blurted out.

"What does that have to do with—oh." Steve pauses understanding his son's actions. "You like Wanda?"

James let out a scoff. "Like? That's an understatement. I'm pretty sure I love Wanda. The entire time with Thor—I—I couldn't stop thinking about her. And I planned on telling her but I see I waited too long. So now I'm pretty she's in love with our human-like Microwave."

Steve snorted.

Natasha scowls at the two before placing her hand on James's shoulder. "Why don't you talk to her? Tell her how you feel?"

"I'm six months too late for that," James replies.

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't try."

"She wants a good guy, not me. I'm the guy who walked away when she was hurting," James sighs dramatically. "I'm scared."

Steve frowned. "Of love? Junior, it's time you allow other people into your life. I'm more than positive Wanda feels the same way."

Natasha nodded in agreement. "She would always ask when you were coming back."

"Yeah, and then I waited too long to come back so now I'm just screwed," James adds. "I'm going to grab a drink and forget about today."

Steve sighed. "Talk to her, Junior."

James just hummed in response before going downstairs into the bar. He spent most of the night there, it was now 12 o'clock in the morning. His peace was interrupted when Wanda came into the bar rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing up?" Wanda yawns out.

James just holds up the bottle.

"It's so late, give me that—" Wanda says as she tried to snatch the bottle but fails. "You're going to regret drinking all of this by morning."

"I'll just add that to t-the list of my r-regrets." The boy shrugged. "Along with loving you," he says whispering the last part.

Luckily Wanda didn't hear.

"What are you doing up, Maximoff?" James asks breaking the silence.

"I was waiting for you."

"Need me to tuck you into bed or something?"

Wanda rolled her eyes. "You're a dick. Good night," she says trying to walk away.

James instantly stood up before grabbing her arm and spinning her so now she was facing him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

"What's wrong with you? You've been acting off with me since our talk." Wanda says confused with a hurt expression written on her face.

"It's nothing."

"You're lying."

James grabbed Wanda's hand before placing it on his heart. "What do you feel?"

Wanda closed her eyes before doing what she does best with her magic. Once she pulled away she seemed more confused than ever.

"You're hurting, why?"

"I'm not sure."

"Can you stop lying to me?"

"There's something wrong with me," James replies with a huff.

"There's nothing wrong with you for feeling something for once in your life," Wanda says thoughtfully.

"I'm feeling something I shouldn't feel," James whispered, his face barely an inch from hers.

"What do you feel?"

"Like I should've come back sooner."

Wanda stood quiet.

"Like I should've told you how I felt the day I brought you back after Ultron." James continued. "I waited because you were grieving. But then I ended up waiting too long. And now I have to see you fall in love with the man my uncle created. The better man. And that's not me."

"I-I don't understand."

James sighed. "I have loved you for the longest. And if Vision is the one you want. I-I will respect that."

It was silent for a moment, the witch just continued to stare into James's eyes. It wasn't long until James closed the gap. Wanda was quick to kiss back but she was quicker to pull away.

"James— we shouldn't." She whispers

"I know," James whispered back

Wanda glanced at him, her eyes were full of love and lust. She pulled him into the kiss once again. James picked her up and brought her to the room before setting her down on his bed. The kissing continued but quickly got more intense.

James knew things would be different in the morning, but that was a risk he wanted to take.

Because she was the one, but he realized that too late.