28.| ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅɪᴀʟ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
   [28]. Don't Touch That Dial.
[PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙʟɪɴᴅ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ
ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙʟɪɴᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

AFTER A LONG NIGHT the couple took themselves to bed. James was rather tired than usual. So it wasn't hard for him to get a good night's rest. As the two slept, they heard loud thudding coming from outside.

Wanda gasped awake. "What was that?" she says before turning on the lights and then turning them back off with a frown.

The thudding continued and as it worsened Wanda continued to turn the lights on out of fear.

James let out a sigh. "Wanda?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Are you using your powers to turn on the light?"

Wanda nodded. "Yes, dear."

James chuckled. "Allow me, sweetheart," he says as he stands to his feet and walks to the window, looking out of it.

"What do you see?"

"Only your lovely rose bushes," James says glancing out the window.

"That's all? Are you sure you're looking properly? You know sometimes you're a little blind." Wanda pushes.

"I assure you, my love, I see nothing amiss," James says before turning around. "You have absolutely no reason to be frightened—" he paused before yelping out frightened by the noise.

"You were saying?" Wanda huffs

James sighed. "Actually, I did overhear a couple of lads at work remarking on a few unsavory characters settling in the neighborhood. Now, who knows what those ne'er-do-wells might be up to? Robbing houses, vandalizing property."

"—Controlling the universe, moving objects without touching them." Wanda continued

James furrowed his brows. "Wanda, darling, you can't be suggesting my colleagues were referring to us."

Another loud thud was heard, causing the two to jump in fear again. Wanda used her powers to bring the beds closer.

"One of us should really determine the source of that sound," James says as he hides under the cover.

Wanda narrowed her eyes. "Yes, one of us should."

Once again, another thud was heard.

"Oh, this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to take a look." Wanda says sternly.