14.| ᴄɪᴠɪʟ ᴡᴀʀ [3]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
   [14]. Civil War.
[PART THREE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʜᴇʏ—ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴜɴᴄʟᴇ ᴛᴏɴʏ, ᴜʜ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇʟᴘ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʜᴇʏʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴜɴᴄʟᴇ ᴛᴏɴʏ,
ᴜʜ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇʟᴘ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IF ONE THING WAS certain it was that James loved his parents more than anything. They are his creators, and the first people he's ever loved. He may have been closer with Natasha, but he looked up to his father. The stories he'd hear as he grew up would always put a smile on his face. He was proud of both Natasha and Steve, and he wanted to be like them, but better, and more understanding.

After Steve left the room James and Natasha were quick to follow behind. James's heart broke at the sight of Steve crying.

"Pops, what's wrong?"

Steve turned around. "An old friend I guess you can say, passed."

Natasha sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

Steve paused for a moment, knowing that wasn't the only reason the two came out.

"Who else signed?"

James sighed. "Uncle Tony. Rhodey. Vision."

"Clint?"

Natasha smiled. "Says he's retired."

"Wanda?"

"TBD," Natasha replies. "I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet."

Steve sighs and bows his head.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path," James says, his words slowly started to convince himself. "Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

Steve shook his head. "What are we giving up to do it? I'm sorry, Junior. I can't sign it."

"We know."

"Then why are you here?"

James narrowed his eyes. "We may be fighting for two different things but you must've forgotten we're the platonic trio—or whatever the crowd enjoyed calling us. We're still family."

Steve smiled before pulling both his son and Natasha in for a hug. The three stayed like that until it was time for Natasha and Steve to both leave.

A week has passed. It has officially been a week since the accords were introduced to everyone and since then Tony, Natasha, Rhodey, and Vision have signed it. But Wanda, Steve, James, and Sam haven't.