17.| ɪɴꜰɪɴɪᴛʏ ᴡᴀʀ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
   [17]. Infinity War.
[PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴜꜱᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
ɴᴏᴡ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE FLIGHT BACK WAS quiet. James and his parents caught up and he explained how he weirdly found out he had a stone implanted into his skin. Which was why those people were after him.

Once they arrived, The fugitive Avengers enter the room, James supported by Sam.

"Mr.Secretary."

Secretary Ross scoffed. "You got some nerve. I'll give you that."

Natasha narrowed her eyes. "You could use some of that right now."

The man clicked his tongue. "The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

James huffed. "I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight." James takes a step forward, looking right at Ross "And if you wanna stand in our way—we'll fight you, too."

Secretary Ross turned towards Rhodes. "Arrest them."

Rhodes nodded. "All over it." He then swipes off the hologram; the computer beeps twice. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve smiled as he hugged Rhodes. "You too, Rhodey."

Natasha gets her own embrace.

"Little Rogers bulked up," Rhodes chuckled.

James smirked. "Of course."

Rhodes chuckled. "Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

Sam hummed. "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five-star."

"Uh, I think you look great."

Rhodes and Natasha long round to see Bruce walking in from the opposite end of the room.

"Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce."

"Nat."

"This is awkward," James whispers to the group

Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Rhodey, Wanda, and Vision were now in another room, talking about everything that had gone down.

Rhodes sighed. "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?"

"And they can clearly find us" Wanda added