Elias 6.3

The prince understood his friend's disappointment since he was also feeling the same. This was their first attempt to try and sneak out of the castle. It was a wish Elias wanted to accomplish when he could walk without a cane and had found a hole on the wall protecting the palace. It was hidden behind a bush. Since he could not move fast or run, Elias had to plan more carefully and had Meli's help as well and also use the hole.

"I guess it will be you and I."

Elias stepped out of the four panel divider wearing rough looking clothes. It was clothes that Meli had brought with him so that Elias could wear when they sneaked out of the palace.

"Are you ready?"

Elias smiled as he opened the window. Meli sat up before approaching Elias with a mischievous smile.

"As ready as I can be."

***

***

The capital was grand as expected of Obelia but even the crown prince was amazed by the amount of people and the buildings. But as  much as Elias wanted to look around and take his time in his adventure, he did not come out of the palace to play around. He had two motives to complete before Claude got wind of his disappearance and made the royal knights go child hunting.

His two main goals was to get Claude a present and an idea for Athanasia's congratulatory present for the engagement ball she was soon going to hold. Elias really had no idea what to get for her and Meli really was no help since his twin sister is not engaged anyone and was a fan of the mysterious, lonewolf, and serious types.

Elias turned deaf ear when Meli started to mutter curses and promise to bring hell to anyone his sister meets and has even one of those qualities.

Geez... Meli had to calm down.

Anyhow, they were currently at the marketplace where many foreign merchants came and laid out their goods. According to Meli, there were times when something valuable and hard to obtain would pop up.

Just as they were eyeing the products, suddenly, there was a scream for help.

"Help! Help!"

Elias turned to look around and his eyes landed on a girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She was trying so hard to pull out her hand from a man's grip.

"My lady, this is not funny. Master is not happy that you've run away from home and has ordered me to bring you back."

"I don't know you! Let me go!"

"Please stop with your games, my lady. You are disturbing the people around here."

The people around sighed and shook their heads. It was a noble girl running away from home and creating a ruckus. Pity to the parents who had her.

"Elias..."

Meli called out. His gaze was elsewhere.

Elias followed his friend's line of sight and saw men sneaking glances out from the dark alley. They hardly tried to hide.

The prince was annoyed and flabbergasted. Did no one see those men?

Adults were so blind! Meli was a year younger than Elias and he noticed those men snickering and grinning mischievously.

Elias sighed in annoyance.

That girl with brown hair annoyed him too. What in the world was she doing outside without an escort! He had no problem with girls having no escort as long as they could protect themselves — Athanasia had a good brain in her head and she made use of it and it was a royal pain in the ass when she used it against him — but if they did not then, Elias could only think they were begging to be kidnapped.

"Please! Someone help me!"

Cried the damsel in distress which annoyed Elias even more. She was so goddamn loud.

The prince frowned and raised his hand. Realizing what Elias was about to do, Meli gasped and tried to stop him.

"Elias!"

A random pebble suddenly skyrocketed into the man's temple. It seemed to be a sharp pebble because it got stuck in the temple and the man slumped down to the ground.

There was a moment of silence before all hell broke loose. Women and men screamed bloody murder and ran like headless chickens.

Meli let out a tired and annoyed sigh and Elias looked shocked. He turned to Meli and gave him an innocent smile.

"Oops?"

Their outing had to be cut short because this would obviously attract the soldiers' attention which would later get the knights' attention which would later reach Claude's ears if they did not catch the one responsible.

"We have to go back."

Meli grabbed Elias's hand and pulled but the prince stood in place to grab a glance at the girl. The girl was sickly pale. Her eyes could not move away from the man that had fainted(?).

Elias sighed in annoyance. Was she really trying to get herself run over and kill herself?

The prince made his way to the girl and pulled her by the arm.

"Huh?"

"If you don't want to get run over by all these headless chickens then you better follow me. Meli, let's go."

Elias ordered as he got near Meli and the friend only sighed before nodding. They quickly made their way out of the havoc and reached a more calm and peaceful street. It was a street where restaurants and pastries shops were located for nobles. There were soldiers doing their rounds as well so they could leave the girl here.

The prince was unaware of the fact that the girl was looking at him with wondered eyes that seemed to twinkle. Meli noticed it and clicked his tongue at the innocence.

"It will be safe here. I will be going now."

Elias said indifferently and turned to make his way back. He did not like having the men hardly hiding in the alleyway running free so he planned on catching them.

There was a tug on his shirt and Elias turned to realize that the girl had grabbed onto him. The blond prince frowned in distaste. Not only did she ruin his outing but she was also taking his time when it could have been used to catch those hideous ugly rats.

"May I... May I have your name?"

Elias's eyes turned cold.