Elias 4.4

The prince excused himself after that. There was too many things cluttered into his mind.

Why did it feel so familiar?

Why did Claude lie that he had no memory?

What was making him so anxious?

The prince regretted saying anything. He was able to shove the memories of Diana and his past to the back of his mind but it just exploded out, like a balloon popping after holding in too much air.

Elias knew that it was not Claude's fault. Not Athanasia's fault. Not Felix or Liora or Nikolas.

It was Diana's fault that he was feeling this way but she wronged only him and she was dead. He couldn't say anything to her.

Even if she was alive now, if he did say something, would Claude have taken his side?

Elias did not think so. Not while the charm was doing its wonders.

While he did not know how powerful Diana's charm, he was aware that it was powerful enough to totally contaminate someone's brain hence why Claude became so obsessed with Diana to the point he forgot about Elias and later used black magic to erase it.

Not only that. He had seen it.

He saw how they shared love. He saw the gentle eyes that Claude would send her way as if she was the most mesmerizing and lovable person in the world.

Elias returned to their room and stayed in bed for the rest of the day. He was not sure how long he stayed laying there but it was long enough to hear Claude enter the room, change his clothes and lay on bed together with him.

Elias did not turn over like he would usually do. Claude did not say much but snaked his arms around his stomach and brought him up to his chest.

Claude was hurting. Elias was hurting.

They were hurting and the comforting embrace did little to lick their wounds.

***

The next day, Elias decided to confront Athanasia. While not at fault, he felt like Athanasia had to know just what Diana was to him.

And the fact that she thought that she had the right to glare at Claude did not sit well with Elias.

So he reluctantly went to Ruby Palace, the place that Diana resided the most. The sight of it made him clench his free hand into a fist.

Of all places the princess had to be in, it had to be the forsaken Ruby Palace. While it wouldn't sit well with him if Athanasia was place in any other palace, as long as it was not Alexandrite Palace, Garnet Palace, and Emerald Palace then Elias was fine. There was Pearl Palace which was given to princes and princesses that would were acknowledged as royalty but their right for throne revoked.

"And it is certainly better maintained that this dog house..."

Elias whispered under his breath as he looked around the hallways of Ruby Palace.

He took a took and saw Athanasia's personal maid, Lillian York, and Felix.

He was about to call them out until the source of his problem jumped out and yelled.

"Don't do it!"

Lillian and Felix flinched their shock gazes at Athanasia. They had not expecting her to be listening in.

"I don't want it."

Her voice trembled and her skin paled.

"Princess."

Felix called her out to maybe reason with her.

"Don't talk about mom with papa."

"Why is that, Princess?"

"Papa hates talking about mommy. What if I say I want to see mommy and papa hates Athy too?!"

Shocked to hear such words from an innocent young girl, Elias understood why Felix and Lillian were extremely worried. Unfortunately, Elias could not feel the same sentiment.

"Princess! Such, such thoughts..."

Lillian called out as her woo hung on her voice.

"Should be come back another day, your highness?"

Nikolas whispered to Elias but the prince showed no movement of leaving. The aide nodded and patiently waited by the prince's side.

"You had such thoughts in mind?"

"Princess, his majesty does not hate you. I swear upon my name, with great confidence, his majesty does not hate either Lady Diana or you, Princess."

Felix knelt down and grabbed her shoulders to look at her in the eye, hoping that she would understand and her feelings would mend with reassurance.

"You can speak to him with honesty. You are still young, princess. You don't need to learn to suppress yourself this early."

"No, no. Athy is really fine. I don't want to see her anymore. Really."

Athanasia looked away. She looked troubled with the situation.

"Then his about this? If it's too difficult for you to ask him, I can ask him for you."

"You don't need to!"

Athanasia argued and Felix tried to counter it back. Seeming to have enough, Athanasia yelled and shoved the knight.

Or at least tried because the force bounced off and made her fall.

"Papa will hate me if you ask him! He'll really really hate me! I told you I don't want to see mommy anymore!"

The princess yelled at the knight before rising and running back to the room while ignoring the calls of Lillian and Felix.

Felix and Lillian looked at each other awkwardly. They had not expected for that to go so wrongly because they had hoped it would make the princess happy.

Seeing that Lillian and Felix were just frozen like that, Elias sighed and stepped in while making a loud sound with his cane.

Jumping in surprise, Felix and Lillian turned to Elias and bowed.

"Blessings and Glory upon the future of Obelian Empire."

"At ease."

Elias nodded and waved a hand.

"I was thinking of having a small tea time session with the princess but seeing the situation, I will have Nikolas set the tea. You two can stay on standby."

Elias ignored Lillian's and Felix's persuasion of leaving alone the princess for today and knocked the door.

"Princess, it is I, Elias."

There was hurried footsteps and rummaging. He heard a quiet intake of breath.

"Please enter."

Nikolas opened the door for Elias and the prince entered the room.

Athanasia bowed to Elias.

"Good evening, big brother."

Elias greeted back.

The princess guided the prince to a seat and she sat in front of him.

They stayed quiet as they waited for tea and pastries to be set and Nikolas stepped out of the door.

Silence resumed and Athanasia stole anxious glances at him as he sipped on the his tea.

"I came to talk about your mother."