Elias 7.3

Elias was currently sitting beside Claude and had his head on the emperor's shoulder to sleep more comfortably. Athanasia sat right in front of them.

The emperor had suddenly decided on an outing on a boat with both Athanasia and Elias. He carried the prince to the boat while Athanasia could do nothing but follow after them.

"Are you worried?"

Claude suddenly asked. If it were the younger Athanasia, she would have been scared to death but Athanasia knew Claude and Elias. They wouldn't kill her. They did care about her no matter how much they tried to deny it.

"Yes, I am worried."

Athanasia was worried and for a good reason. In the novel, there was no mention of Elias, and growing up with him, Athanasia grew attached to her stupid brother. She feared that destiny was here to take him away to continue the flow of the book or the like. Her brother, Elias, was sleeping for more extended periods of time. Today, he was not waking up at all. She earnestly hoped that it was not a severe illness.

"He is fine," Claude reassured her.

Now that Athanasia thought about it, Claude would be the first person to cause an uproar if something were to happen to Elias but the Emperor was calm as the gentle wind.

"You know something, father?"

Athanasia asked.

Claude turned to look at the sleeping Elias. He probably had no idea that he was in a boat. Tucking the strands of hair behind Elias's ear, Claude responded.

"He is just making something and it is taking all his energy."

"Making something?"

"Seeds."

Athanasia deadpanned.

"You don't believe me?"

Seeing Athanasia's face, Claude raised a brow.

"I just do not understand."

Claude nodded in understanding. Now that he thought about it, Athanasia might be the only one in the family not to know that Elias was a dryad.

Claude shuffled Elias to have the prince sit on his lap and patted the now empty space. Athanasia did as Claude asked and sat on where Elias had been. Now that Athanasia was closer to Elias, she noticed a scent of something sweet and fruity, almost calming at the same time.

"Place your hand on his chest."

Confused, Athanasia did as told and gasped when she did not feel a heartbeat. Her brother was a zombie!?

"Being like Elias, their hearts are born separately."

Claude began to explain.

"Just like how their hearts are different from yours, their body is also different.."

Athanasia looked at her brother in wonder.

"Right now, Elias's heart is making the seed and it makes him very sleepy."

"What is brother?"

Claude gave his daughter a glance.

"A dryad."

***

These days, the prince was letting out a scent. Anyone in near close proximity knew that but how they reacted was different.

Those who respected Elias were only happy and calm. They felt like their tiredness would melt away.

Those who loved or had questioning feelings towards Elias but were hiding it were tempted to touch the prince for their satisfaction.