Elias 5.8

Elias never felt so scared and so thrilled as he did now. The prince felt like his blood had turned into ice in a second and a sting on his skin. He also felt like something was crawling up his nape, warning him of the danger. The youngest son of Marquis Elaine just gave you that vibe even if he was well dressed up and his smile looked innocent. The young Elaine was one of them.

"Blessings and glory upon the future of the Obelian Empire."

Elias smiled.

"At ease. We are friends here so there is no need for formalities."

"That's right, Meli. You don't need that mask."

Meli narrowed his brows worriedly.

"But they are from the royal family... I couldn't possibly..."

Nour chuckled and waved the youngest member's worry away.

"There is nothing to worry about. We have shared inappropriate talks and all is pardoned in this meeting."

"Nour is right. There is no shame in what we do! We are friends after all!"

Elias agreed and gave a hand to Nour's comment. Meli sighed in relief and his stance relaxed.

Elias and Nour smiled and were glad that Meli could relax.

SNAP

Suddenly the sound of a whip cracked in the air. Elias flinched at the sudden snap and bewilderedly looked around where it had come from. He never expected a whip to be in the hands of Meli. The prince of Obelia turned to look at Nour.

The prince of Arlanta looked so shocked and his body shook a little. Was that a blush Elias saw on his cheeks?

"Kneel down, my royals! If you are good I'll reward you with pleasure you've never felt before!"

Elias was wrong. Meli Elaine was not one of him.

"Ah right. I forgot to mention that Meli is an extreme sadist and masochist."

Elias needed to learn that.

***

Lucas stared at Elias from a far as he clenched his teeth. These days, he had less time with Elias. Apparently, the prince had been inviting the youngest son of Marquis Elaine to his room and no one, even the emperor, were allowed inside.

How Elias convinced the EMPEROR OF OBELIAN EMPIRE not to enter the room was a mystery that couldn't be solved.

Either way, Meli Elaine was constantly summoned by Elias.

This was not part of the plan Lucas had in mind. It was strange how Elias was able to break the spell. The spell was a simple brainwashing. The magician was turning Elias's affection to Claude towards himself but for some reason, the prince was able to break himself out.

Lucas frowned. He was aware that Elias was a dryad. The magician had used an insane amount of mana to get here and had fallen asleep to recover a little. The kiss he had received from Elias had given Lucas enough mana to wake him up. Dryads were descendants of the World Tree and also the guardians of the World Tree. So just like the World Tree's fruit gave insane amounts of mana to the one who ate it, Dryads were also able to give mana to people.

Lucas considered himself lucky. Lucky to see Elias earlier than he had expected and with no one objecting his presence beside the prince. To not lose Elias, Lucas felt like it was necessary to brainwash him to love Lucas. After that, he was planning to take the prince away from the palace. The palace was dangerous for Elias and Lucas wanted to take the prince away from such a place.

He breathed out his anger. Since Elias was seeing Lucas less, the amount of smooches were also reduced meaning, the amount of mana he was receiving was declining.

The magician did not want to travel all the way to the World Tree and come back. Every time he did, he would always be too late.

Lucas frustratedly bit his lip.

He had to worry about the princess as well. While he could snatch and eat her beast for mana, he preferred for the princess to have her mana and learn to protect herself.

The last thing he was annoyed about was the location of the heart. He knew that Elias's heart was small but the place it usually was empty.

Seeing that this was another world, there ought to be differences. Lucas understood that but he still hated how hard the situation made it for him.

***

Ever since Elias and Claude talked about Chrys, the prince could not shake off the feeling that Claude was different. When Elias was born, the emperor only had the aura of a powerful mage but right now, Claude did not only have that. He also felt like a powerful mythical being.

It bothered Elias.

What was the cause of Claude's gradual change that even Elias did pay much attention to?

So the prince decided to consult Gravil.

"You feel the previous emperor's aura on his majesty?"

Elias nodded.

Gavril had been coming to the palace twice every week to teach Elias about dryads for an hour. The young prince had many different questions and was curious about the smallest things. It was like the curiosity was endless.

The man hummed in thought at Elias's statement. When he had first seen Claude, he did feel like he was seeing a newborn dryad.

Gavril was unfortunate of not having seen Chrys once so he did not know what his mana felt like but was aware that he was risking his life to save Claude's. The whispers of the trees told him. He was also not sure how much of Elias's words could be true since Elias was just a baby when Chrys had passed away. Was it even possible to remember everything since childbirth?

Gavril decided it was better to get to the bottom of the situation. Elias was dying of curiosity and Gavril was not one to let that happen. Also, Gavril was also curious as to what exactly Chris did to save Claude.

"Could you show me where the previous emperor's heart is?"