Elias 4.10

Felix was having a difficult time opening his eyes but he was also having difficulties keeping them close. If he opened his eyes, his head couldn't seem to differentiate reality and illusionary. If he closed his eyes, memories that were clearly not his, pounded in his thoughts.

Memories of Diana, the woman he loved so dearly, had thrown him to the lake. No, not him. She had thrown Elias, his prince, to the lake. She had tried to erase his existence and take the crown from Elias.

Why? Why?! It couldn't be true!

But Elias was not a liar. These were his memories!

Diana is not that kind of person!

Did Felix truly know Diana?

She is beautiful! Beautiful and mesmerizing pink eyes, light blond hair that cascaded elegantly down her back, and she smiled like the world was so perfect...

But that's it, wasn't it?

...

She was only beautiful and kind because she had a goal.

No. Lies.

She only wanted the crown. That was why she treated everyone kindly.

LIES!

Why did he even love her in the first place?

NO! He did love her! No matter what he thought, his feelings were true!

But was it worth it to see Elias's tears?

Felix gasped in pain as he held onto his head when the memory of Elias's teary jewel eyes looked at him with so much pain.

The redhead knight wanted to comfort his prince but his body did not move and his mouth opened before he could stop it. No amount of despair and sorrow could explain what he felt when Elias had turned his back on him.

He had tried to stop Elias but the prince had slapped his hand away. It was at that moment that Felix felt he had sucked something out of Elias and that was the memories of Diana that plagued him.

It was like his body and mind were outright rejecting it but his heart had known it was real and was not letting go.

So Felix had tried to follow after Elias, to apologize, to explain he did not know what came over to him but Nikolas had stepped between the prince and himself. His green eyes glared fiercely at Felix.

"You have hurt your master. You are not necessary and are not allowed near him."

Felix fell on his knees as he gasped and begged to see Elias but the headache just came and didn't stop.

How long has it been?

Hours? Days?

Felix was not sure. He was too busy trying to reign in the goddamn headache that just leeched itself on him.

Suddenly, he felt like his head had subsided a little and it was enough to give him a breather and let out a sigh of relief. Then something soft touched his lip and probbed them open. Weakly, Felix opened his mouth and something thin like paper was fed to him.

At first, because of the pain, Felix could register what was happening but his mouth moved automatically and chewed on whatever was fed to him.

The first bite, sweet and sour exploded in his mouth. He cringed a little at the sourness. Once the sweet and sour taste had been gulped down, the headache had subsided almost immediately. It was still there but it wasn't to the point where he felt like his head was shattering.

Felix opened his eyes and saw Elias looking worried. Behind the prince stood Claude with a very displeased expression and behind the emperor, at the corner of the room, was Count Daphne observing him together with Nikolas.

The young master of Daphne had joined the trio on their way to see Felix.

"Your majesty? Your highness? Wha... What happened?"

Felix groaned as he sat up. His head still felt like something was pounding on it but it was not something he could not handle.

Claude huffed and turned to look at Gavril and cocked his head at Elias.

Gavril only smiled and turned to Elias.

"My prince, why don't you wait at your quarters so I can check what exactly happened."

Elias nodded and Nikolas took his cue to approach his prince before picking him up and leaving the room.

Once the duo were out and Nikolas's footsteps were not heard anymore, Claude turned his attention back at Felix and Gavril sat on a stool beside the bed and checked on the redhead knight.

"Hello, Sir Felix."

Count Daphne greeted but the smile he had before was completely wiped out of his expression. His eyes were sharp and cold.

"If you could excuse me, I will be placing my hand over your head."

Before Felix could respond, Count Daphna plunged his hand against Felix's head causing the redhead patient to yelp. Gavril's hand glowed a bit and a magic sigil appeared before disappearing.

"I see..."

Gavril whispered as he removed his hand and cleaned his hand with a handkerchief and threw the handkerchief later.

"It seems like you were charmed by a fairy."

Surprise made Felix blink multiple times.

"A fairy?"

Gavril nodded.

"You were strongly charmed which influenced your mind. It also looks like Prince Elias threw away the memories onto you."

Claude reacted with a worried frown.

"Throw away? Will Elias be okay?"

Gavril waved away the emperor's worries.

"Your majesty, do not worry. You have just witnessed how energetic and happy Prince Elias was. If the prince had used black magic then it would have been a different story since black magic always takes something in return for the magic to work. What Prince Elias has done in this case, he simply tossed out a memory, not erase it. He will no longer have that memory."

Claude sighed in relief along with Felix before the knight proceeded asking something else.

"What does the memory have to do with the headache?"

Gavril raised a brow.

"You should be aware of the reason already."

Felix smiled and rubbed his nape awkwardly.

"I just want to be sure that the reason I know is the actual fact."

Gavril nodded.

"The charm was fighting against the memory that was countering it. So it must have felt an angry angel yelling at you in one ear while the devil is yelling at the other."

Felix bit his lips. He was frustrated that something like a charm had taken over on his mind. He had never expected someone like Diana to be a fairy or for her to charm him. Because of his mistake, he had hurt Elias.

"Which brings us to our next topic."

Claude began.

"Felix, I hope you wholeheartedly agree to breaking off your engagement to Elias."