Elias 5.7

Elias dryly stared at what was called the "Ruby Palace." Claude was standing beside Elias and the prince glanced at the man. The emperor looked at the palace with disinterest. The man obviously had zero interest that Athanasia was living in a palace with such a condition. Elias would have probably felt the same if it wasn't for the incident that happened a few weeks ago.

After the tea party incident, Elias could not help but feel concerned about Athanasia even though he did not like her. A dreading nostalgia that this had happened before, countless times and the sense of relief that washed over him when he saw Athanasia healthy. It was weird. How a little girl he disliked so much could make him care about her at the same time.

"When did this palace become a pigs pen?"

The emperor kept his silence. The prince could only take his silence as an agreement.

Claude had only followed Elias to the Ruby Palace. He had first tried to stop Elias and for what reason, the prince would not know.

"Dad, is it okay for Athanasia to move her residence to Emerald Palace?"

Claude raised a brow.

"Emerald Palace?"

Elias nodded. He was aware that Emerald Palace had been the home of princesses for generations, just how Alexandrite Palace was the home of princes for generations, and Pearl Palace that was given to princes and princesses with no royal power but that was it.

There were separate palaces for the crown princes — Peridot Palace — and for crown princesses — Sapphire Palace.

"Not Pearl Palace?"

Claude hummed.

"Yes, Emerald Palace. It is so Athanasia has at least some power over the nobles. If she is moved to Pearl Palace, she will obviously be ignored by the nobles and maybe even pushed around by them. I don't want to see someone who is related to me be pushed around or looked down on. It would not only ruin my mood but also I would not be able to forget it."

The emperor hummed as he thought about it and soon Elias saw how Claude narrowed his eyes in clear disgust. He had imagined it.

"Move the princess's residence to Emerald Palace."

Elias spread out his arms as Claude moved to pick him up. Felix gently picked the princess. They were on their way to Garnet Palace to have tea. Elias noticed that Athanasia was so lost in thought but that was the least of Elias's concern. There were other things that needed his attention.

"Also, I think Athanasia needs someone to stay with her at times to keep watch, like a friend."

Felix was quick to agree. There was some kind of intent in his eyes but Elias did not say anything about it seeing that the knight was helping.

"That is right."

"Aren't you already with her all day, Felix?"

Claude tried to retort but Elias shook his head.

"But dad, it is better for children to play with children. I cannot be with her all the time because I have lessons to take as the crown prince."

Claude huffed in annoyance as they arrived in the drawing room inside Garnett Palace to have tea. Elias was placed down before Claude sat himself down right next to the prince just as Felix placed the blank princess. Felix then made his way behind Elias as he spoke up.

"I agree with Prince Elias. I think it would be for the best. Don't you agree, princess?"

"Mhm."