Elias 4.6

Before I go and rest my mind, I will update one last time. Thank you for all the support and love. I will see you soon.

———————————

Claude tucked the stray golden hair behind his son's ear. Elias was in deep sleep and the father was very careful not to wake his precious treasure.

He blankly stared at his sleeping son before a smile of pure ecstasy and satisfaction bloomed from his lips. Slowly, he moved the prince to the lay on his side and Claude laid down behind Elias and gathered his adorably anxious son in his arms. He had to be careful so Elias did not catch a glimpse of his true facade.

He knew that Elias was extremely anxious, even before Claude had first met Athanasia. After he had met her, Elias's anxiety had sky rocketed.

If Elias dressing up as a girl and his desperate attempt to catch Claude's attention with his improper 'pickup lines' didn't point out his love for Claude, then people would need to have their eyes checked.

It was clear as the sky that within the depths of Elias's eyes hung the unease. He glared at the little girl and appeared threatening but to Claude, behind the strong facade was distressed child.

Claude hid a smile from Elias. The girl would be the greatest tool for Elias to never even think of separating from him.

He loved to see Elias's growing panic whenever the young prince saw Claude space out, have tea with the princess, and fall into remembrance of the woman he once loved...

... or thought he loved.

It was true he did remember Diana. He remembered and for some reason he did not understand what could have possibly made him love her. He was not even sure if he loved her at all.

He also had no idea how he was able to forget about his son when he had not even casted black magic. It was also weird how they had never caught the ones responsible of drowning Elias.

So, there was one time when Claude had used magic to look into Elias's memories while he slept.

It was few months after Elias had tried to throw himself into the lake in front of him.

After Claude had remembered everything, he had tried to search for the assailants but his search had reached a dead end. Of course it would. There was no assailants other than Diana.

That wench... but Claude would thank her because she made this possible. She planted the seeds of paranoia into Elias's mind and Claude only had to water it until his sweet darling son was so obsessed that he could not live without Claude.

It was all an act. He had worn a facade to trick Elias. To see if the young prince would react, he was careful with the way he reacted to certain topics.

"Just what does she mean to you?!"

His smile stretched a little more as he remembered his son become anxious to the point he was breaking down.

The emperor enjoyed the frustration Elias was expressing whenever Claude did not answer his question. The hurt that his teary eyes displayed for Claude made the emperor feel the electrifying delight run down his spine.

It was okay to break down. Claude would build him up again. He was looking forward to it.

There was one thing that was bothering Claude.

A certain red head knight that seemed to have caught Elias's affection.

The smile on his lips disappeared instantaneously.

He couldn't kill Felix because not only was he his trusted knight and confidant, but also someone Chrys had appointed to be by his side.

The emperor knew Elias loved Claude but chose to be with Felix only because it was out of the norm to love a parent. Immoral.

Different from Chrys, who did not care about having a relationship with his sibling, Elias seemed to be mindful of it.

So Elias must have chosen someone who was closest to Claude and acted fatherly.

Claude held back clicking his tongue. He was still upset that Elias had dared to think of taking Felix as his fiancé.

Looking at the prince sleep innocently, Claude huffed, dissatisfied with the situation. He placed a hand on Elias's head and made sure that the prince would not wake up until morning before leaning over to his young and virgin nape. The emperor opened his mouth and...

.... CHOMP

Elias groaned in pain as he moved his head around hoping it would assuage it but his nape kept on stinging.

Did he sleep in a bad position?

He was currently having his morning tea with Claude and Athanasia. Felix, Lillian and Nikolas were standing few steps away.

It was quiet. Maybe awkward quiet for Athanasia now that she knew just what kind of person Diana was but for Elias and Claude, it was a peaceful quiet.

Elias took a chance to look at Athanasia and check her visage. She was pale and was stealing glances. Apparently she had a worse complexion yesterday before she entered the audience chamber. Something must had to lifted her spirits a slightly bit since she was not dead pale.

Now that Elias thought about it, Duke Alpheus was in the audience chamber just before Athanasia.

Did she meet him?

Elias turned to Athanasia.

"Have you encountered with Duke Alpheus?"

Athanasia flinched when she was spoken to before quickly offering a tight and awkward smile to Elias.

"Mr. Whitey?"

Elias blinked at her response.

"Mr. Whitey...?"

"He looks like a white doggy!"

"......"

Elias was lost in thought of imagining the duke with dog ears and tail, baking but not biting.

"Pfft."

Elias held back his laughter before erasing it from his expression, like he had just not tried to laugh.

Elias nodded approvingly.

"That's right, princess. Hold your head high when around nobles. They are dogs that should not bite their owners."

Elias only said this just so Athanasia would not be easily trick or fall for their schemes or try to befriend a noble that could use her.

The royal family did not need a branch family after all.

Claude agreed.

"That's right. You should never lower your head or even step down to their height. You are a princess, higher than them so you have to act like it as well."

"Do you understand, princess?"

Athanasia sweated a little, probably not used to the attention father and son were giving her.

Raising a brow, Elias waited for her to answer. Athanasia gave him a slow nod and Elias decided to be satisfied with that and stood up.

"Well dad, princess, I will be off to my lessons now."

Claude nodded.

"Don't overwork yourself."

"Have fun, bi... big brother."

Elias frowned a little before letting it go and turned to leave.