Elias 4.8

After Elias was done with his lessons, he had called Felix for a talk. The prince had taken his time during his lessons to think and calm down.

He knew he was being petty and childish. Felix was not even aware of what Diana had done to him but that was something he would learn as they talked.

Yet, it did not seem they would have a peaceful talk with how Felix had his eyes narrowed in disapproval. The knight obviously wanted the prince to apologize to Athanasia but that one thing Elias would not do to the princess. Specifically, he would not apologize for anything related to Diana. The dancer had wronged him twice and not apologized. The prince wronged the princess once and that was because he felt like it was his job to let the girl know that her mother was not as good of a person as everyone made her out to be.

Elias was not sure what made Felix so angry.

Seeing that Felix did not plan on beginning their conversation, Elias took it upon himself to start the conversation.

"I don't like Diana. In fact, I hate her."

Felix narrowed his eyes even more.

"I don't understand what it is that your highness does not like about Diana. She was kind and gentle to everyone. She loved and cared about everyone. Your father still loves her."

The prince could not help but narrow his own eyes. From the way Felix was speaking about her, Elias could not help but think that there were more things unsaid than said.

'I still love her.'

The prince bit his lips in frustration before letting out a huff out of disbelief. His eyes burned and threatened to spill tears but Elias would not let them.

Elias would tell Felix the truth. The redhead knight had to know just what kind of woman Diana was.

"She tried to kill me, Felix."

Silence.

During that silence, Elias saw how Felix's eyes widened and his eyes expression paled before anger bloomed through his gray eyes.

"How can you say such a lie, your highness?"

Felix hissed lowly.

Something in Elias stung.

"Felix... She told me that I would be useless to dad if dad left that girl alive. She said I was a useless entity dumpe—."

"That's enough, your highness!"

Something shattered. Elias heard something shatter but he was not sure what. His mind was too wild for him to process what was going on.

"Your highness!"

The prince felt something grab onto his shoulder. Elias slapped the hand away as a splurge of memories about Diana resurfaced and then nothing, like it was sucked out of his system. Even so, the shock and the hurt in his chest kept his devastated mind busy.

Only when he had reached the comfort of the room he shared with Claude did Elias's mind calm down.

The prince realized how heavily he was breathing. He must have ran as fast as he could with his cane but must have tossed it away if his disheveled clothes was not a dead give away that he must have fallen repeatedly.

Nikolas was not with him so he must have helped Elias stop Felix from following.

Tears overflowed. Frustration and sadness overwhelmed Elias.

The prince knew that Felix did not love the prince. The knight treated him as royalty and sometimes but rarely as a son, similarly to Claude. Felix was kind only because Elias was Claude's child and royalty.

Sure, he reacted to Elias's pickup lines but that was it. He only reacted but did not speak to Elias about anything else other than work.

When Elias had seen Felix try so hard to find any shadows of... of someone, the prince was lost in dismay.

This only seemed to prove Elias's belief. The princess did have some kind of magic on her being just like that someone did and it did not affect Elias.

Elias whimpered as he made his way to the sofa. He hugged the pillow and cried into it. He felt like he was forgetting something but that was the less of his concern.

The person he loved and begged his place beside did not love him back because Felix was in love with someone else.

He could not be beside the person he loved the most because they were family and royal customs did not allow their unity.

The prince heard the door open and then close but he did nothing to acknowledge the person who had just entered the room. If anyone could open the door without knocking then the only person would be Claude.

"Elias."

His voice was soft and kind. While it usually gave Elias some comfort, it only seemed to break him down now.

For how long would this kindness and gentleness belong to him? For how long was Claude going to be his alone? No... Was Claude ever his to begin with?

"Elias..."

Elias felt long lean fingers brush through his hair.

"How long do you intend to leave me in the cold?"

The prince pouted and turned to look at Claude. Like always, Claude was wearing robes and it did make him look like a god but at the same time, a lot of cold air could go in there.

Elias pushed his body up to sit up and then stretched out his arms to Claude. The emperor smiled at how obvious the young royal was. Elias never rejected any display of affection and Claude knew that.

"Cold? Dad, I usually warm up by taking a hot bath, but you are hotter. How can you be cold?"

The prince complained as Claude gathered the prince in his long and strong arms. The young royal felt a peck on his head and a comforting pat on his back.

"What has put you in such a bad mood?"

Elias frowned.

"Dad, I don't think I'll get married to someone I like who will like me."

It was Claude's turn to frown but was quickly replaced with an expressionless face and moved his hand to twirl Elias's lock of hair.

"Why do you say that?"

"Felix is heart broken and we are father and son."

Claude chuckled.

"You worry too much. Customs or rules can always change as long as the ruler wills it and has a way to resolve or balance the reason why that custom or rule was made."

Elias blinked a few times trying to decode the information Claude had just given him. Once he understood, Elias separated from Claude to look at the emperor with wide eyes.

"We can get married?"

"That's right."

"Why? How? You said father and son cannot get married."

Elias retorted as he hurried Claude to answer.

"The reason why father and son cannot get married is because they cannot reproduce an heir and even if it was a daughter, the child would die the moment it is born because the human body cannot handle an ocean of mana. You, however, are a dryad, Elias."

Elias blinked again before looking aside to think and proceed what Claude had said. He focused on Claude again and opened his mouth to say something but nothing left his mouth so closed it again. This repeated a few times until Elias finally decided what was the best response to Claude's claim.

"... What?"

_________

Do you like Fire Emblem: Three Houses?

Our dearest author, Lavi, has just published a fanfiction: Zafiris Oleander Blaiddyd! If you are interested please check it out!

Feel free to support us through comments.