Elias 5.3

Elias was grumpy. He felt like he had been having a very stressful dream. Most of the contents were forgotten but Elias vividly remembered that he was arguing with another boy his age.

The other boy had brown hair and had his mean looking face. He had a mole on his right earlobe and another one on the side of his neck. Although his looks were on par with Elias, what left an impact on Elias were the eyes. They were emerald green at one point but at another they were deep ocean blue.

It was clear that — if Elias grew up, he would grow up looking beautifully kind — the brunette would grow up cool and beautiful.

Moreover, their argument was so heated that it was laughably frustrating how Elias could not remember the exact subject of their quarrel. Either way, the point was Elias did not wake up with rainbows and sunshine. Not even Claude's comforting whispers and kind pecks on his temple calmed his frustration and anger.

Athanasia was the unfortunate person to receive his ire and the princess paled but kept her smile intact. It dampened his mood to see Felix for whatever reason he could not remember but at the same time he was glad to see the redhead knight healthy again. Elias turned his head and placed it against the crook of Claude's neck.

"You- You're Majesty, the weather is nice today. How about going for a walk outside?"

The knight nervously brought up as he broke the cold and tense tension.

Elias hummed. A walk outside could help his mood.

"A walk. That doesn't sound bad."

The prince nodded and tugged for his father to place him down. Claude, although he knew what Elias wanted, stared at the young prince. The emperor was obviously dragging out the time and the young prince was aware of it.

"Dad."

The emperor huffed in distaste before placing the young prince down. Nikolas -- who was standing by the corner -- appeared with Elias's cane and handed it over the expecting hand.

Elias and the emperor started making their way to the garden until Claude, who was walking beside Elias, had suddenly stopped with his steps. Automatically, Elias also stopped and turned to give his father a questioning look before noticing that the emperor was not looking at him. The prince followed the emperor's gaze and saw Athanasia looking at the chair his father was sitting on as he held onto Claude's robes.

"Ha..."

Elias breathed out in annoyance. Was she asking for Claude to carry her?

The prince was about to say something but Calude had beat him to it.

"What is it?"

Elias turned to Claude in surprise. The princess turned to look curiously at Claude. It was easy to see what she was thinking. She wanted to be carried since they were going for a walk.

The princess flinched when she realized that she was holding on to Claude's robes and immediately let go of the blue cloth. Her eyes hastily looked for Felix.

"She's asking you to picker her up, your majesty."

Felix beamed with an innocent smile.

"Pick her up?"

Claude muttered as if the thought never had crossed his mind.

"Yes, she does that a lot to me too when her legs hurt from walking."

"No, I just saw something on daddy's clothe-- Aah!"

Elias frowned. He could not comprehend. His father had picked Athanasia up but the way the emperor had picked the princess made the prince pale. What was with this situation? Why was his father carrying the princess as if he was picking a rabbit by the skin of its neck? The emperor knew how to carry a child!