Elias 2.1

Days turned to weeks which turned to months.

Elias turned one and the next month Claude turned fifteen.

Even as time passed, Claude and Diana's relationship soured as the dancer persisted on carrying the child in her womb. Claude stopped seeing her at all and he stayed in his room sitting on the sofa.

He looked like he wanted to forget as he waited and expected for the news to fly into his room.

One day, Claude stopped secluding himself in his room. He was not in Garnet Palace nor in Alexandrite, Peridot, or Emerald.

Elias later learned that he was at Ruby getting himself drunk in both alcohol and pleasure. He was probably trying to forget with keeping himself busy. Or maybe he was trying to show something to Diana but that was none of Elias's concern.

The day before the baby was due, Diana came to his room when Elias was learning how to walk with a cane on his own.

Liora was gone to manage the income and property of the crown prince and Nikolas was following her to learn what he could since he would later become Elias's aide.

Ilana was there but she acted like she was a furniture and Diana did not looked like she cared.

Taking a better look at the dancer, her stomach had come out a lot. Her eyes were red and nose were swollen from crying so much. She was still sniffing but even then, she was smiling ever so kindly and magical.

Diana sat on the sofa as Ilana picked Elias up and placed him on the sofa opposite from Diana.

"Your highness, how do you do?"

Elias did not respond as he just gazed at her. What was her motive to come here?

"I guess the rumors about not making a sound is true."

Diana smiled a little more.

"I heard... that the name of eternity and immortality is given to the heir of the throne. I plan to give that name to my child. If my child does not die after his majesty is aware of the name... that means he accepts our child to be in line of the throne. Meaning, you have become useless entity that dumped on him for that reason."

Elias agreed. If the child was born and Claude did not kill the child then the reason why Elias was given to Claude would turn to make him an annoyance.

Elias's gaze strayed away from Diana and the dancer felt leaving those words to stay in the mind of the young prince.

Then the baby was born and Diana had died. The baby did not die.

Did Diana expect this?

Maybe she did. She was aware Claude loved her to much and was not able to kill what she left.

Claude did not stop his addiction to sex and alcohol. What changed was the location. The emperor would call women he filled in the Ruby Palace to Garnet Palace.

Elias was forgotten and he grew from a baby to child.