Elias 6.7

"I would rather have you call me Sir Robane."

Felix answered just as coldly.

Lucas huffed. Felix was one of the people who had killed Elias. No, if he had to be more specific, Felix was the one who killed the first person Lucas met in his first world. That person wore a different skin and had a different name. He was a Commander Knight of another country.

Red hair and blue eyes.

He went by the name Attica Rosewall. Attica had become a knight at a very young age and became the Commander Knight and a princess's personal knight. He had escorted the princess to Athanasia's debutante as a sign of submission.

Attica met Lucas at that party. The black haired magician was sleeping to recover the energy he had lost and Attica had stepped out of the ballroom for a breather. During his walk, he had stumbled upon the sleeping Lucas and thinking that Lucas had faint Attica panicky tried to help him.

Lucas had awakened then. It was hard to dissuade Attica from his worries but once he was assuaged, Attica laughed in relief. The laugh was so bright and warm, that It left Lucas mesmerized.

Like that, Lucas followed Attica to his kingdom. Attica accomplished his duties as a knight and also accompanied Lucas the best he could. They got along so well that it was to the point they began a relationship with each other. They were so comfortable with each other's presence that they did not mind spending a lifetime together.

Few years later, the kingdom Attica pledged his life to, proclaimed war against Obelia and Elias crossed swords against Felix. At that time Lucas had gone to the World Tree to replenish his mana.

When Lucas had returned, Attica was dead by the hands of Felix Robane.

Grief and loss overtook Lucas. He was in denial that Attica was taken away from him by the hands of a mere soldier. Lucas showed no remorse against both Attica's Kingdom for sending him to his death and Obelia Empire for being Felix's country but even destroying both countries, Lucas was left empty as he wandered around the world until he heard whispers of alternative worlds from the World Tree. It was first and most likely the last time he would hear from it but it was enough to give him a reason to travel alternative worlds.

In all worlds, except for this one, Lucas failed to save the soul. It was hard for Lucas to find the same soul as Attica since mostly all the time, the physical features were different and sometimes the world was downright different.

One world operated with no magic but with technology. There were tall buildings and many fought for freedom of speech, right, and... etc. The entertainment in this world varied and that was how he found Doha. Doha was an idol celebrity of Korea. He committed suicide.

Long story short, Lucas was not happy to know that Elias was so close to one of the people who killed him without hesitation. Also, it probably was not a good idea to have them in the same vicinity hence why Lucas wanted to take Elias far away from Obelia but the prince did not want that.

"You don't have my respect so I will be disregarding the 'Sir.' Anyway, I only came to tell you to stay away and not to try to worm yourself back into Elias's heart with your face. It is unfair for him since he is weak to pretty and handsome faces."

Felix huffed in annoyance.

"Like you don't have your way with his highness by using your face."

Lucas smirked.

"It's not really my fault he prefers my face over yours."

Felix gritted his teeth as Lucas coldly regarded him.

"I won't let you take him away again in this world. You better heed my warning."

Lucas turned around and left the redhead knight after giving him one last glare.

——

It was the next day and Elias had invited Athanasia to his drawing room. Liora was currently not feeling well so she had gone back to her fief. Nikolas had gone along with Gavril which was the reason as to why Felix was stationed outside.

Ignoring the presence of the redhead knight outside, Elias stared at Athanasia who had a smile on her face. The prince could somehow guess why she was in such a great mood.

"Congratulations, sister."

Athanasia blinked in surprise. She never thought she would ever get anything nice out of her brother.

"Are you sick?"

Elias huffed at her and Athanasia sighed in relief as a response.

"Can't an older brother congratulate their younger sister on their engagement with his friend?"

Athanasia gave Elias a skeptical stare but the prince disregarded it and tossed something at her. The princess instinctively rushed her hands out to catch whatever it was and when she caught it, it was heavier than she expected. Realizing that it was a box, she looked up at Elias.

Elias raised a brow.

"Open it."

Without questioning, Athanasia carefully opened the box. The box was filled with jewels.

"It's called 'bindi.' It is an accessory that women in Siodonna put on their foreheads to ward off evil."

"What?"

Athanasia snapped her attention back to Elias, who didn't seem too bothered with the fact that he had gifted her something that was remotely close to her mother.

"I heard your mother came from that place and I am sure all of her belongings were either thrown or burned. You should at least keep something that's close to your mother."

Elias said while bashfully looking away.

Athanasia was confused but at the same time touched. Although they were closer than they first were, they never touched the topic of her mother. It was not an enjoyable topic to talk about, so it was quite a surprise for Elias to bring her up seeing that Diana did try to kill him.

"What's with that face?"

Elias questioned, looking quite insulted.

"I do care about you. It's just embarrassing to show it."

Athanasia had no idea what kind of expression she was wearing but Elias had totally missed the mark.

"I am just surprised that you brought something related to my mother... you hate her after all."

The princess was even more confused when Elias looked at her with more confusion.

"Why would I hate her?"

"What do you mean why? She tried to ki—"

There was a sudden knock on the door. It sounded kind of hurried but maybe that was just their imagination.

"Your highness."

"Come in."

The door opened and the redhead knight walked in and bowed.

"My prince, his majesty is looking for you."

Elias raised a brow. Claude was working on official papers at this time of day so Elias had invited Athanasia for that reason but it was quite odd for the emperor to call him.

Thinking that maybe it was important, Elias stood up without complaining.

"It seems our time together is cut short for today, sister. We'll continue the conversation another time."

Athanasia nodded.

"Of course. Thank you for the present."

Elias smiled before leaving the room with Felix following behind him.