Elias 2.4

Elias spent his alone time thinking of pick up lines. Claude, his uncle and by law father, would stare at him whenever Elias used pick up lines on him.

"Dad, did you come out of an oven?"

Claude frown at the nonsense.

"Of course not."

"Then why are you so hot?"

Claude's eyes widened. His brain seemed to stop for a second before he frowned again.

Elias quickly opened his mouth again before Claude could say anything.

"Dad, you look tired."

"... Is that so?"

"I believe it is because you keep running in my mind..."

Elias smiled sweetly and Claude had no heart to say anything about the pick up lines. The emperor massaged his temples.

There was a knock on the door and Claude allowed Felix to enter. Just as the knight stepped into the room Elias called for him.

"Yes, your highness?"

"Felix, do you have a map?"

"No, your highness. Is there something the matter?"

"Yes, I got lost by your handsomeness."

Claude froze and his eyes widened as he looked at Felix's face turn red and then at Elias's cheeks become tinted pink. The emperor smacked the table.

"I won't allow it."

***

It was Nour who had taught him pick up lines. The prince of Arlanta liked to use it on his sister and wife, Isis, because her reactions were adorable.

Elias learned how worth it was to take his time to think of pick up lined. Felix's reaction was the cutest.

The crown prince had tried it on Nikolas but his attendant laugh at how much they sucked. He never again used a pick up line to his attendant.

"Felix, I think I need a physician."

Elias told Felix who was following behind him as the crown prince rubbed his eyes. They were on their way to the throne room to see Claude.

"Are you okay, your highness?"

Felix asked very worried as he hurried Elias's side.

"No... I was blinded by how handsome you are."

"Your highness!"

Felix screeched. Giggles burst out of Elias's lips as he ran away from Felix who was quick to run after the young prince.

Elias turned a corner and suddenly his body collided with another and his cane was sent flying somewhere.

"Your highness!"

The crown prince heard Felix cry out but every thing happened to fast that he had no idea how a boy with droopy golden eyes and platinum white hair on top of him.

The unknown boy and Elias stared at each other for a long while until Felix came to pick the crown prince to his feet. He already had Elias's cane in hand. Even as Felix had straightened him, Elias just couldn't take off his eyes from the boy.

"M-My apologies."

The boy quickly bowed.

"I was not seeing where I was going!"

Elias shook his head.

"No, it is alright. I was also not looking where I was going."

Elias gently took hold of the boy's hands and his crystal blue eyes never left the golden ones.

"Are you a thief?"

Elias suddenly asked startling both the boy and Felix. The boy quickly responded.

"Of course not!"

Elias dropped the boy's hand and reached to grab his chest.

"How weird... I was sure you stole my heart."

The boy looked confused but Felix looked like he was betrayed. The red knight picked Elias in his arms quickly left the boy.

"Wait Felix. I want to know his name."

"That cannot do, your highness. The emperor is waiting for your surely."

Felix shook his head as his grip got tighter around the prince's body. The cold crawling feeling  in the spine he felt told him to get Elias far away from the boy.

Felix knew who the boy was. It was Duke Alpheus's son Ezekiel Alpheus.

The knight did not understand how could Elias just open his arms for Ezekiel. They had just seen each other! It took years for Elias to open up to him.

"Are you angry?"

Angry? Was he angry?

Felix paused for a moment to think.

"Of course not."

No, he was not angry. He could never be angry at the prince. Worried was the right term to describe how he felt. He was terribly worried.

Why was he so worried?

Was it because Ezekiel was the first person who Elias just openly accepted even though he kept stranger at a arms length? Or was it because Ezekiel was young and just about the right age for Elias?

"I'm glad. You are already hot enough so there is no need to get angry."

Elias smiled as he pecked on Felix's cheek. The knight felt his face burn and the worries that was eating him up disappeared like it was never there.

Felix let Elias down when they reached the throne room. Someone was already there having an audience with Claude.

Elias did not care and tugged at Felix's cape to be given his cane. Handing Elias his cane, the knight watched as Elias quickly made his way to the emperor.

"Dad!"

Elias called out excitedly.

"Elias, do not hurry or you'll fall."

The crown prince ignored the warning and speed up towards Claude. When he was at a reachable distance, Elias threw his body to the emperor who received him with ease. Placing his precious son on his leg, Claude brushed Elias's hair behind his ear.

"Dad, I am glad you are the sun of Obelia."

Elias grinned as he snuggled up against Claude. The emperor smirked and repeatedly ran his thumb over Elias's cheek. His eyes, which had been narrowed, had soften.

"Why is that?"

"Because you just brighten my day every day~"

Claude smiled.

"I am glad."

Their moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Claude's eyes narrowed and coldly stared down at the man in front of him. Elias pouted as he turn to take a peek at who had dared to disrupt his time with Claude.

Blood had turned cold when Elias saw Duke Alpheus. His own eyes narrowed and they matched Claude's icy glare.

Roger's smile did not break. He could not help the cold sweat that dripped down his neck.

Maybe he should of have just left.