CHAPTER THIRTY: HISTORY LESSON

We're disembarking in Jalya, and I'm feeling a little excited as I'm back on my planet. I never thought I'd come back here. But it's going to be for a little time. And the memory of fleeing hurts me. It was on this very dock that I said goodbye to Mando and the Child, not so long ago. But with everything that's happened, I feel like it's been ages.

Tracking the kids on the list, the bounty, Nal Hutta... All this makes the events on Jalysta and the Station seem far away.

Immediately technicians run towards the ship as we disembark.

Commander Crone approached us from her ship.

«Commander Crone.» I say while taking a deep breath.

«I was surprised when I received your distress signal.» she says relieved. She then turns her eyes upon AD. «AD.» says with a faint smile.

He slightly bends his head with respect. «Commander.»

Crone then turns her eyes to the others. «I see you added new members to your crew.»

«Not really.» I say. «Cal is the only official member of our crew.»

Cal steps forward and gives his hand to Commander. «Cal Kestis.»

«Nice to meet you.»

Then the Mandalorian takes a step forward, and to my surprise, I see he's removing his helmet.

My breath is cut off, and from the inside, I think he is not a real Mandalorian. Mando told me they never remove their helmets in front of others.

«Ozdo Hiith.» he says with a formal tone.

Unable to take my eyes off Ozdo's face I raise my hand and point at Hondo. «And this is»

«Hondo Ohnaka!!!» Commander Crone interrupts me with a faint smile and her face is lightened with recognition.

«You know each other?» AD asks confused.

«Of course.»

«Back to the Rebel days. Specifically when we were building the Rebellion.» Hondo responds with a cheeky smile.

«This is no place to discuss such things. Follow me.» Crone responds cautiously.

Commander Crone leads us to her house. A two-stored house on the edge of the forest that circles the capital.

«Was Jalysta part of the Rebel Alliance?» I ask.

«Not officially.» Crone responds. «You haven't been born yet therefore you may not have heard what I'm about to tell you. Before the Galactic Republic turned into the Empire our planet was in talks to join the Federation. I have to admit that we got lucky for not joining them. Every negotiation stopped when the Clone Wars started. The Government didn't want to be part of this. Especially because of the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.»

«They were not wrong!!!» Cal comments with a bitter tone.

«But just because our negotiations stopped that didn't mean we didn't have contacts with our friends at Coruscant. My father was the right hand of our President, he had a close friendship with Senator Bail Organa. Organa and a few other senators had decided they wanted to do something about the power Palpatine had gained. But they were too late. Within a day the Republic became the Empire and the Supreme Chancellor became the Emperor. But the fear of the Empire didn't hold them back. And here, on Jalysta, our Government started to worry about the peace in the galaxy. Still, the President remained neutral no matter our efforts. It appears Palpatine had already influenced him. But my father kept his ears closed to the Emperor's minions. And he built a base for the Alliance. Yes, that base near Mount Dondor. Jalysta could have been the perfect base for the Rebels. Outside of the Empire's range on the edge of the galaxy but the President found it out and commanded to stop. But they didn't stop. The Jalystian Rebels kept helping the Alliance.»