CHAPTER SIX: THE EVE OF THE BATTLE

«Are you sure about this?» Mando asks me.

«Yes. No. I mean yeah.» I'm saying anxiously.

I don't know what came to me and asked Mando to train me for a hand to hand combat.

There's no chance to learn anything in one day but shooting at a rock is not gonna save me from a Stormtrooper that will attack me.

«All right. Come to me.»

«Aren't you supposed to do that?» I'm asking suspiciously.

«Come at me.» he says harshly.

I'm taking a deep breath and run towards him. I have no idea how but in a matter of seconds I'm laying on the ground. «Ouch!!!»

It takes me a few seconds to get finally get up.

«What did you want to do?» he asks.

«Knock you down.»

«And how did you wanted to do that?»

«I was gonna grab your leg.»

«And how do you think I figure it out?»

I'm staying quiet but the answer is pretty obvious. Before attaching him I was looking at his legs. «My eyes.»

«Exactly!!! Now try again.»

The floor and I became close friends. Every time, in every effort Mando was knocking me down. But every time he was teaching me something new. While Davin was training the others, Mando and I were in a small room fighting each other.

The day had passed. I could tell it by the light from the vents that were fading away.

«Enough for today. Go get rest.»

As I'm walking back to my bed I hear voices echoing from the distance.

«What's wrong?» I'm asking a kid. «The machine that pumps water broke down.»

«Where is it?»

«I'll take you there. Come.»

I'm following the kid through the same road that led to the crystal cave but we're taking a turn to our right and I'm finding my self outside of a small room where there's a small water plumping machine.

The pipe was loosened and high pressured air is coming out while Davin and Lorgan are running around in panic.

«You want to help?» I'm asking.

«We're doing just fine.» Davin answers in panic while doing literally nothing.

«Yeah, I can see that.» λέω γεμάτη ειρωνεία. «Move. And give me that.»

Davin steps back and hands me over the tool he was holding.

«Did anyone came here since you got into the shelter?» I'm asking.

«No.» Lorgan admits.

«I was sure.» I'm saying as I'm taking a look at the pipe. «Hey, can you guys do me a favor to look around for the screws?»

«Screws?» Davin asks confused.

«This pipe contains compressed air. When you opened the pumping system the pressure got raised. No one came down here to adjust the pressure so every time you were pumping water the pressure was getting higher. Which led to the screws popping out. Well?»

Lorgan and Davin start looking around for the screws. There are three missings but they only found two. In the end, Mando shows up holding the last screw.