EPILOGUE

Unknown Regions.

I waited impatiently in the dark room. When Grand Admiral Sloane called me here she didn't tell me why. Not that I expected anything like that. I know my position. I know I'm inferior to them. But I can rise. And I'll do it. Arriving at the base of the Shadow Council they led me to a dark room asking me to wait. And that's what I did. Trapped like a rebel scum, I, Moff Gideon must wait for the progress of this meeting. I couldn't do otherwise. If I didn't come they would take it as a betrayal. I was forced to come.

A door opens and a tall figure crosses the threshold. One glance is enough to give a name to the being who has entered the room. Blue skin, bright red eyes, and a white outfit befitting his position. I have never had the good fortune to meet him and I was grateful for that. For the Grand Admiral Thrawn is cunning, diabolical, and relentless. I would only like to meet him when I would reach a greater office. That is the only way I could compete with him. But it's too late.

«Gideon.» Thrawn salutes me with formality. «Are you aware of the reason you are here?»

«I'm afraid not, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Grand Admiral Sloane asked me to present myself.»

«It was not Grand Admiral Sloane that summoned you here Gideon.»

His bright, piercing red eyes are pinned on me. I feel as if he can read my every thought. «You're ambitious... I recognize that. But at some point, you have to accept that you are not going to reach a greater position than that of Moff. You're too unintelligent for something better, very impulsive, and all you want is power. You don't want to serve the Empire...»

«Grand Admiral Thrawn»

«I did not give you the permission to speak Gideon!!!» Thrawn interrupts me full of intensity. His voice is stable but I swear that his eyes almost flew sparks. «You're so intolerant that you took Mandalore for a trink. You spent resources to chase an upstart girl who stole your trinkets...»

«I did all these after Grand Admiral Sloane's request.» I rush to defend myself.

«Oh, yes. I am aware that Sloane gave you that order. Just another ignorant. And this is why I will give you the same choice I gave her. Do you wish to serve the Empire or yourself, Gideon?»

I look at him confused. Whatever I did, I did for the Empire. All these years everything I do is for the Empire. How dare he question my motives?

«Well?» Thrawn asks.

«I don't answer to you, Thrawn.» I say curtly.

«I am afraid this is where you're wrong, Gideon. Grand Admiral Sloane is dead. From now on you answer to me!!!»

THE END