CHAPTER FORTY-SIX: BACK AGAIN

Everything is blurry. All around me there is darkness. Am I dead?

I remember falling unconscious and everything getting dark. Someone shouted my name and then I was in the air.

But the question is... where am I now?

My whole life passed before my eyes as I fell unconscious into the arena and then darkness prevailed.

I hear voices around me but I can't understand who they belong to.

I lose the sense of time. I have no idea if minutes, hours, days, or years have passed. I'm just in a dark place where I can't get out. Although there is darkness around me, I feel a strange warmth. I'm not afraid. I'm just waiting.

As time goes by I can hear the voices around me more clearly. I recognize dad's voice, and Cal's too. I am relieved to hear Aiden's voice. It looks like he's out of that room. And he sounds like he's out of that darkness. Only now I have fallen into the darkness myself. And listening to what they say about me I probably won't make it.

But when I hear Ozdo's voice I feel my heart squirming in my chest. I also hear Cal with him. "Do you love her?" he asks him.

I am unable to hear his answer. At that moment I struggle to open my eyes to see him. To look at his face even if it is the last thing I will do. When I finally manage to open my eyes, Ozdo has his back turned on me and looks at Cal. Cal, on the other hand, seems to have noticed that I have woken up. He looks at me and smiles vaguely. Then he gets up from his chair and comes out of the room.

"Ozdo?" I say, and I almost don't recognize my voice from the hoarseness.

He turns and looks at me with grooming eyes. A gorgeous smile appears on his face. «Keirah!!!»

I want to stretch out my hand and touch his, but the dome that covers my whole body is blocking me. Four people enter the room and remove Ozdo.

I spend the rest of the hours eagerly waiting for the healers to stop looking at me. I've lost count of how many tests they run. I just want them to finish and leave me alone. Outside my room, I hear Dad, Aiden, and Cal. But Ozdo is not there. Where did it go?

When the healers finally leave the room, I take advantage of the little time I have at my disposal and take a look around me. I am in a small room with soft white lighting. There are several medical pieces of equipment in the room. Next to my bed, there are three chairs which are certainly not at all convenient. That's everything in the room. I don't have time to notice anything else as the door opens and dad, Aiden, and Cal enter.

«Dad.» I say looking at his face. He looked crummy. As if years had passed since I last saw his face.

«Hi, sweetheart.» he says, unable to hold back the tears in his eyes. «Are you in pain?»

«A little.» I admit. The "little" of course is a lie. My whole body hurts and one of my eyes feels swollen. «What happened? I mean I know the Clan Saxon champion beat the crap out of me.»

«The leader of Clan Saxon asked him to kill you.» Dad replied. «We arrested them, and Bo-Katan decided to remove their armor.»

«I cannot think of a worse punishment.» I say as I try to think about how they would feel when they were stripped of every piece of their armor.

I turn my gaze to Aiden who avoids looking at me. «You're here.» I say dryly.

He lowers his head ashamed. «I'm sorry.»

«I would punch in the face but I cannot get up.»

«I deserve it.» responds with bitterness.

«Yeah, you do. I'm glad you left that room, Aiden!!!»