CHAPTER TWO: RESCUE

I'm carrying the Mandalorian to the platform. The guy is undoubtedly heavy but his armor is heavy as well which is not helpful at all.

He's unconscious and I have no idea what to do.

I'm throwing down every piece of metal I've gathered on the platform and I'm laying him down.

I know very well that the Mandalorians don't take off their helmets in front of anyone. But I can't let him die.

I'm standing steel, trying to decide what to do. If I remove his helmet and save him I will ruin his life. If he doesn't remove his helmet he will die.

I'm placing my hands on the helmet but a soft voice makes me stop. I'm turning around and I'm facing a little creature. It has green skin, a small face and two pointy ears that are poking aside.

«Hey, little one.» I'm saying as I'm leaning to it. «You're not just passing by, do you? You're with him.»

The little creature extends its little hands to me while making a sound.

I'm taking the little one in my arms and I'm placing it on the platform next to the Mandalorian.

Maybe there are more on the ship. «Wait here.» I'm telling to the little one as I'm walking away.

I'm looking around the wreckage of the shop to find if there's any other member of the crew but it appears that the only one with the Mandalorian was the little one. As I'm returning to the Landspeeder I'm finding the little one with its left hand raised. Its face is tightened and its eyes are wide shut. I'm standing still, watching it. I have no idea what I'm seeing, but something tells me that it's trying to save him.

The little one falls back exhausted with its eyes closed. I'm walking towards them and take a look at the little one. It seems like sleeping. Whatever that was it exhausted the little creature. The Mandalorian is not moving.

I guess I'll have to remove his helmet after all. I'm bringing my hands on the helmet when suddenly the Mandalorian grabs my hand.

«Don't you dare!!!» he whispers.

I'm taking a deep breath, relieved that he is okay. «I wasn't.»

«The Child. Where is the Child?» he asks while jumping up really nervous.

He must be pretty wounded because he falls back on the platform immediately.

«If you're meaning the little one, it is here.» I'm answering him.

«The Razor Crest?»

«Hm... I don't think you're gonna like the answer. It's a little broken.»

The Mandalorian sighs disappointed with my news.

«It will take you a few days to fix it but the damages are not serious.»

He sits upon the platform, trying to recover.«And how are you suggesting to fix the Crest in the middle of a desert?»

«I can help.»

«I'll make it on my own.»

I'm about to ask him about the Child when I hear the sound of the Jawas' Sandcrawler. «Oh no!!!» I'm saying out of breath.

«What's wrong?»

«The Jawas.»

«Damn those Jawas!!!»

«Hey... don't do anything stupid!!!»

«They will butcher the Crest.»

«They're not gonna butcher anything. I'll talk to them.»