CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: NEW ALDERAAN

The ship exits hyperspace and a green planet appears in front of us.

Right away, two X-Wings seem to be approaching us, and I'm opening up communications.

«This is captain Jeshen Bareen. State your purpose.»

I turn around to Ozdo, waiting for him to say something,

«This is Ozdo Hiith.» he responds.

«We are detecting three more life signs. Is that correct?»

«Yes.»

«State your names.»

«AD. Copilot.»

«Cal Kestis, crew member and my droid BD-1.»

«And the Captain?»

I'm taking a deep breath. «Captain Keirah Keirah Djarin.»

«Welcome to New Alderaan.» Jesehn Bareen responds. «Landing permission on dock seven.»

It is a green planet with large areas of forests and high mountains. Buildings and facilities have been built in such a way as not to distort nature. When we land, I'm left in a state of mind looking at the landscape outside my cockpit.

It is beautiful.

The rest of them are out of the cockpit. Or at least I think so.

«You didn't tell me you are a Viszla.» Cal says. Apparently, he hasn't left.

«My mother was.» I respond without taking my eyes away from the scenery.

«Now everything makes sense.» he says and then gets out of the cockpit.

I take a deep breath and exit the cockpit too.

Everyone's waiting for me at the base of the ramp. Coming down I can feel my legs trembling and my heart is pounding.

I don't know what's waiting for me here, and that terrifies me.

«Are you okay?» AD whispers.

I nod positively to him. It's all I can do, even though I'm sure he's sensing my anxiety.

Suddenly my eye catches three figures approaching us. All of them wear Mandalorian armors, with their helmets on. And I see Ozdo wear his too.

I'm starting to walk towards them, and the rest of them are following me.

When we finally reduce the distance between us, we both stop about four feet apart.

I notice their armor. Completely different from Mando's. And it looks like two of the three are women. Their helmets have a different structure. The woman standing in the middle removes her helmet, followed by the rest.

«Welcome to New Alderaan. My name is Bo-Katan Kryze.» she says. It's about a redheaded woman with pale skin and light emerald eyes.

Ozdo who's next to me removes his helmet and leans his head slightly. «Lady Kryze. This is Keirah Djarin.»

Bo-Katan fixes her eyes upon me. Her face is blank as she examines me. «It is nice to finally meet you.» she says and then gives me her hand.

«The honor is mine.» I respond curtly. My mouth is dry from the stress and the fact that I stand in front of such an imposing figure scares me even more.

Then Bo-Katan turns her attention back to Ozdo. «Our scouts informed you run into troubles.»

«A mutiny broke out at the Palace of Gardula Besandii the Elder. The hunters were after us. We also got ambushed by an Anooba herd.»