CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: THE REVEALMENT

I knew something was wrong with the Clan Saxon champion. From the way, he's dueling with Keirah... There's only one thing I can conclude. That for him it's not just a duel. He wants to take her out!!!

When I realize that, Keirah's already on the ground. Everyone who's watching the duel has figured it out. But I have to do something.

I can't let him kill my daughter. No!!!

«Keirah, no!!!» I'm yelling and getting out of my seat. I shoot with my blaster against the champion and launch myself into the arena with my jetpack, kicking Kas Saxon who's stepping on Keirah's sternum. He turns around and attacks me, and then Bo-Katan lands behind him. She is followed by Koska and Ax along with several other Mandalorians. The leader of Clan Saxon is rushing to defend her gladiator.

I'm turning my gaze to Keirah. The young Mandalorian named Ozdo Hiith is close to her. He's got her in his hands trying to revive her. «Get her out of here!!!» I yell at him.

He turns around and looks at me terrified. He nods and then launches himself with Keirah into his arms as the rest of us begin to duel. Within minutes, we've immobilized the champion, and Bo-Katan orders the leader of Clan Saxon to be arrested.

«Get them at the cells!!» Bo-Katan orders. «All members of Clan Saxon are under supervision. If anyone tries to escape shoot them!!!»

The Mandalorians wouldn't let me into the arena. So I had to find a high ground to watch the Trials.

I'm sure a lot of Mandalorians don't like me because I'm a Jedi Knight. Damn them. But I wouldn't start a fight with them. I wouldn't expose Keirah like that.

Keirah was doing very well. She defeated the first champion and although she didn't win the next one it was impressive. As much as I dislike Ozdo Hiith, I have to admit, he trained her very well.

And speaking of Ozdo, I was very pleased when Keirah kicked his ass on their duel.

Then there's the duel with her father. I haven't been lucky enough to meet him in person, but this is one of the best warriors I've ever seen. Keirah has inherited several of his talents.

But the last duel looks completely different from the rest. The Clan Saxon champion is fighting furiously. It doesn't look like he wants to make Keirah quit or disarm her. He seems to want to...

I'm forming watching his fists land one after the other on Keirah. The next punch lands on her face and Keirah falls on the ground. Her face is covered in blood. The Clan Saxon champion grabs her by the throat and lifts her in the air like a feather. He hurls her into the air and then approaches her and puts his foot on her sternum. Keirah's father reacts immediately. He rushes into the gladiator and then a fierce battle breaks out. Someone removes the unconscious Keirah from the arena and heads for the base.

I leave my seat and move to the base with my breath cut off. From where I was watching Keirah seemed unconscious. But I'm starting to fear the worst. As I arrive at the base, the guard stares at me.

«What happened over there?»

«They tried to kill her!!!» I answer intensely.

If I had one of those jetpacks I would have landed there and cut that champion in half with my Lightsaber.

«She's in the infirmary.» the guard informs me.

I thank him and run for the infirmary. As I walk in, I find Ozdo sitting outside a room looking at the therapists trying to help.

«Is she alright?» I ask.

Ozdo turns around and stares at me with a hostile look. His face is red and the veins in his neck are popping up. «Get out of here, Jedi.»