CHAPTER NINE: THE FLOWERED BRANCH

After our conversation with Commander Crone, Mando and I split up. He went with Jeembo at the desert to get the Crest and I was going back to the shelter to get the Child.

The minute it saw me its little face light up and start running towards me.

«Hey. I've missed you little one.»

«Keirah!!!» I hear Davin's voice from the distance. «What happened?»

«Bamboon has been arrested and he's on his way to Jalya.»

«That's good. A second squad from Jalya arrived at the mines after you left and they send away. We're going back to our village.»

«It seems like everything's going back to normal.»

«Well, I think it's better if we say that after a little while.»

I'm knitting my eyebrows skeptical. «What do you mean?»

«I don't think they're gone just like that. And they won't forget about Jalysta. I'm afraid we will have trouble in the future.»

«Well... I hope Jalya will do its best to keep you safe. Mando and I won't be there to save you.»

«You're leaving?»

«Yeah. Mando offered me a job.»

«Then I wish you every luck Keirah. Thank you... for everything.»

I'm nodding at him as head to the exit when a kid is running at me yelling my name.

«Andy!!!» I'm saying happily that he's alright.

Andy was amongst the children that were inside the mines. He was wounded by a Stormtrooper in his left leg Davin and I took care of the wound before we sent the kids back to the shelter through the tunnel.

«I made something for you with my sister.» he says while giving me a thin piece of crystal bonded on a fabric bracelet.

«It's beautiful.» I'm saying as wearing it around my left wrist. «Thank you.»

Crone asked us to attend the village before our departure. Something that nor Mando or I liked that much.

I'm going back to the house to pack me, staff. But the more I'm wandering around I'm realizing that I'm not emotionally attached to my belongings.

Most of the staff here belonged to Bamboon and the rest of them are tools for my job. Tools that I will no longer need.

I'm taking a look at the pot where I used to melt the metal of the ships and the molds I made in my attempts to build my Mandalorian armor.

That Keirah seems entirely different from who I am right now. Even though is has been just a few days.

Before everything that happened I thought you just needed an armor to become a Mandalorian. But it's not just an armor. It's not a costume. And therefore I cannot be one of them.

Someone is knocking on the door and I'm heading skeptical.

I'm surprised when I see that it's Mando.

«I thought we said we would meet at the village.»

«We need to talk.»

«Where's the Crest?» I'm asking while seeing that the Crest is nowhere around.

«Jeembo will fly it to the village.» he answers while walking in.

I'm knitting my eyebrows confused. I didn't let me fix anything on my own while repairing the Crest but he left Jeembo fly it to the village. «You left someone fly your ship?»