CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BATTLE

Our small group is walking through the path that will lead us to the north side of the mountain. Lorgan and Davin are walking forward, they're followed by Mando and then there's me and behind me, the rest are following.

It's already dark when we exit the path between the rocks.

Davin and Mando are drifting away from us to scout the near area.

The darkness along with the rocky ground is hiding the entrance of the tunnels. It is a narrow path between two enormous rocks.

As we're walking in one by one, darkness and quiet takes me. But the darkness is not lasting for just a little. Mando opens a little light on his helmet and the rest of us follow him.

The Child is in a bag on Mando's back and only it's head is popping out. The minute we walking inside the tunnel it shrugs it's ears and looks scared.

No one talks. And the more we walk further inside the tunnel I feel my heart beating louder with every step I take.

The tunnel leads us to a small dark chamber of the mines.

«We'll leave our supplies here.» Mando whispers. «My team will lead the way.»

We're leaving our supplies behind a pillar while Mando says goodbye to the Child. It looks sad and the moment Mando turns his back and walks away the Child lowers its head.

I'm approaching it and it looks at me with wide-open eyes. «Don't worry. When we take care of those Stormtroopers I'll come find you. I promise.»

As I'm walking away I can hear the Child making a sad noise. My heart is acing for leaving it behind in the darkness but it shouldn't be here in the first place. But this was Mando's choice and he chose to bring it here.

We're walking cautiously through the mines and in front of use, the darkness starts to fade away.

A golden light of lightened torches gets stronger and stronger with every step and we can hear a cruel voice echoing. The voices of Stormtroopers giving orders.

«Get up.» a Stormtrooper yells to an emaciated girl who's on the ground. «I said get up you scum.» he adds and kicks her. «Why do we have to stay in this dump?» he complains.

«Because these were the orders we've got. Get her up.» answers another Stormtrooper.

Mando waves at us to stop and takes a small rock which he throws away.

«What was that?» the first Stormtrooper asks.

«Go check it out.»

I'm holding my breath as I'm hearing the Stormtrooper coming closer and closer. A blaster appears and in a matter of seconds, the Stormtrooper is laying dead to the ground.

We stay there. Without moving. Waiting.

«Why is it taking you so long, stump?» yells the other Stormtrooper.

The minute the second Stormtrooper appears Mando grabs him and knocks him off.

If I could just sit on a corner and watch Mando disarming the Stormtroopers, I would.

He moves so fast, with so much confidence.

Not even in ten years, I will be able to move as he does.

Everything that happened next happened so fast.

Mando waved at us to attack. Lorgan and Davin gave the Stormtroopers' blasters to two workers that came with us.