CHAPTER FIFTEEN: AWAKENING

I'm running as fast as I can through the hallways in my attempt to find the Childs cell. Somewhere in the middle of the route, I start panicking. Every time I was passing near a gate I could hear the attempts of the Stormtroopers to open the gate. But it was impossible. I made sure of that.

I've almost reached the cell when the gate on my left explodes. The shock wave throws me across the room and I'm holding my breath as I'm landing on the floor.

My back feels like it has been shattered. Im trying to breathe but for a few seconds, it feels impossible to draw any breath.

Thick smoke rises from the hole that has been created by the explosion. I'm staying on the ground waiting. What else can I do? My blaster lays on the other corner of the hallway. As the smoke clears a bunch of black-figure is walking through the gate. One, two, three, and the last one that wears a long cape. My eyes, blurred are unable to recognize who is the man with the long cape but deep down I know the answer. I hear his cold voice, sharp like a blade, full of tension. And my blood runs cold.

«I should have killed you when I found out who you are.» Moff Gideon says. «But it's never too late.» adds while bringing his hand on his belt. I'm expecting hes gonna take a blaster out but instead, hes holding a hilt. With no barrel or scope. There is only one tiny button.

What kind of weapon is this? I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Gideon presses the button and a black blade pops up out of nowhere making a weird sound. It looks like a sword or something.

I'm staying there. Unable to escape my upcoming death. I am dead. I'm definitely dead.

Gideon is standing above me, he raises the sword, and as I'M waiting for the end I'm closing my eyes and I wish there was something I can do to stop him. I have this feeling there is something I can do but I'm unarmed. I cannot reach for my blaster. It is too late for that. I'm turning my eyes elsewhere and raise my hand. I'm waiting to feel the sword cutting my skin but nothing happens. I hear a thud and open my eyes. Gideon lays on the ground alongside his Deathtroopers.

I'm getting up and look around me, expecting to see the Child or someone else. But there is no one here.

Did I do that? And if yes, how? Just by raising my hand?

I'm looking at my hand scared, unable to believe what just happened. But the Deathtroopers are moving and I know I have to go. I'm grabbing my blaster but before I leave I stop and stare at Gideons weapon. The weapon that was supposed to kill me. I feel I don't know. I feel like somehow its calling me. As if we are connected. I'm approaching the hilt. Time feels like it's slowing down as my hand touches the hilt and then voices are echoing. Voices from the past. Like my touch has awakened distant memories. Memories of this weapon.

«Only the strongest shall rule.»

«The perfect tool for my vengeance is in front of us.»

«I've loved you always. I always will.»

I'm gasping and take the weapon in my hands.

Reality kicks in and I start running again. But as I'm taking a turn on the hallway a Stormtrooper appears in front of me. I'm screaming. I don't know why but Im bringing Gideons weapon between me and the Stormtrooper and press the button. The dark ray of light appears and pierces the body of the Stormtrooper that falls dead on the floor.

I'm starting at the weapon shocked for a few seconds. I'm pressing the button again and the blade disappears and keeps going. The Child's cell is not guarded and for a moment I'm scared they have taken it from here.