CHAPTER ELEVEN: RIDDLES

We're on our way to the Crest and Mando hasn't said a word since the moment we saw the Stormtroopers boarding those children to the ship.

He's practically running to the Crest.

The informer actually waited for us and when he sees us he runs at us.

«What do you know about the children?» Mando asks his furious.

«What children?» he asks anxiously.

Mando grabs him for his shoulders. «The Stormtroopers... were embarking children. Speak!!!»

«I don't... I don't know what children are you talking about.»

«I won't ask again. Are you selling children to Stormtroopers?»

«No.» the informer answers completely petrified. «Wait... how many children were there?»

«Forty. Maybe more.» I'm answering.

«Oh man!!!» the informer says out of breath.

Mando grabs him from his shoulders again. «What?»

«About... two weeks ago... three kids from Thieves' Quarter went missing. They went out to play but never came back. Their parents are still looking for them.»

Mando looses his grip. «Did that happened before?» τον ρωτά.

The informer nods positively. «A month ago. Two children. What do you think it's happening?»

«Whatever it's happening, it's not good.» Mando says while entering the Crest. He nods me to check out the Child and stay with it.

We're leaving the informer at Kijimi City and Mando checks the tracker we put on the new ship.

«If we're going to follow the ship we have to do it now.» I'm telling him.

«We're not following the ship.» he answers sharply.

«What?» I'm asking surprised. «We have to follow the ship!!!»

«We're won't lose their signal. We have to go somewhere else first.»

I'm staying quiet, trying to think about what may happen to those children. «Yes, captain.» I'm saying curtly while leaning back to my seat.

We're traveling through light speed for a while now, but I have no idea where we're going until a few minutes later as we're arriving at our destination I'm staring at a green planet.

I'm staying quiet, observing the greenery that lays in front of me as we're entering the planet.

The western side of Jalysta is full of green. Full of life. Jeembo travels a lot to Jalya and he described to me how green and beautiful the capital is. But never before in my life, I've seen such beauty with my own eyes.

We're landing and as much I want to get out there, I'm staying in my seat.

«You're not coming?» Mando asks, ready to exit the cockpit.

«We should be following the ship.» I'm saying curtly with my hands crossed to my chest.

«The ship can wait.»

«Are you kidding me?»

«Remind me, are you the one who's in charge here?»

«Why do you have to remind me you're the captain every time I'm speaking my mind?»

«Because I'm the captain!!!»

«What the hell are we doing here anyway? Why did we come here?»