You/Emily Prentiss - Ring Part 1

You couldn't wait for Friday

You couldn't wait for Friday. After spending so many months going to nearly every ring shop from the cities that you visited for a case, you finally found the perfect one that you wanted to propose to Emily with.

"Let me seeeee."

You had barely arrived to the office when Penelope was already demanding to see the ring. You hadn't told her that you bought it so you assumed that someone else from the team had told her about it. By the looks of it, JJ seemed to be the guilty party as she gives you rushes to her office to avoid your stare.

"Shh. I don't want Emily to hear..."

"Oh! She's not here. Don't worry about it. She left a while ago."

"You're lucky then. Just a second."

You search your bag and soon pull out a simple box. Penelope gasps as she opens the box to see the ring inside.

"(y/n), this is absolutely perfect. Emily is going to love this."

"You think so? I feel like it might not be her style."

"Are you kidding me? This is perfect for her. She is going to love it."

She hands you back the box and you quickly put it away. Emily wouldn't randomly appear but you weren't going to take any chances. You wanted the surprise to be a surprise.

"I'm glad that I got your stamp of approval. Anyways, I need to go. Emily is probably home and I don't want to miss having dinner with her."

"Yeah, yeah. Go be with your woman."

X

You hadn't texted Emily about your early arrival as you wanted to surprise her. Quietly opening the door, you expected to find her in the living room or kitchen but she's nowhere to be seen. There is however noises coming your bedroom. There was no mistaking her loud moans and it turned you on just a little at the thought about what she was doing. It had been a couple of days since the two of you had done anything so you figured she was a little frustrated. Dropping your things off and rushing to join her, you stopped just before walking into the bedroom when you heard another set of moans. They weren't Emily's, the moans were far too deep to be a woman's. You didn't even have to peak in to see what was going on. You knew Emily was fucking someone in your shared bed. There was so many things you could do but all you did was lean against the wall and torture yourself with the sounds. Tears were already spilling as you desperately hoped you were dreaming. When the sounds don't disappear after a minute, you make your way back to your things to grab the ring. Putting it where she could see, you also place your key besides it. She had moved in with you but after what you just heard, you were never going to be able to step back inside. There was nothing you wanted to keep. With one last look at the apartment, you closed the door behind you.

X

Emily didn't start feeling guilty until she was left alone in the apartment. She wanted to stop hurting you behind your back but it was impossible. You're the best thing in her miserable life and yet she couldn't stop herself from cheating. She wasn't even sure as to why she did it but she couldn't stop. A minute after letting herself drown in guilt, Emily stood up and began to wash up as you would be returning in a couple of hours.

After taking a quick shower to wash off any evidence of what had just occurred, Emily heads to the kitchen to prepare for dinner. Something manages to catch her eye by the entrance. As she walks over to it to get a closer look, Emily is quick to spot your key besides a box. Her heart beats faster when she thinks about the implications of it. Grabbing the box besides the key, Emily opens it to find the ring that you had gotten her. She doesn't waste anytime to grab her phone to start calling you in hopes that you would answer so she could explain herself.

X

You shut off your phone by the 5th call. You didn't want to hear from her anymore. Nothing she could ever say would make up for what happened.

"Was that Emily?"

"It was. Can we not talk about what happened? I just want to forget just for tonight. I'll deal with everything tomorrow."

Penelope wanted to say something but decided against it in the end.

"I'll put on a movie."

You gave her a smile, grateful for her and the distraction. You were sure going to miss her. Tomorrow, you were going to put in a transfer request so you would never talk to Emily again. For the sake of your heart, she was dead to you.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Sarah Truong - Along

Maggie Sawyer - Broken Part 2

Arizona Robbins - Upset

Katie McGrath - Truth

Rebekah Mikaelson - Meeting

Natasha R... - Cry Part 2

Katie McGrath - Park

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!