You/Dr. Maura Isles - Birthday

Sneaking around the police station wasn't an easy feat

Sneaking around the police station wasn't an easy feat. You stuck out like a sore thumb because of your lack of uniform but thankfully no one questioned as they figured you were a new hire. After getting past the front desk, none of them paid you any attention so it was easy for you to sneak into Maura's office.

"Who are you and why are you sneaking into Dr Isles' office."

You turn around to find a woman and a man pointing their guns at you. Not wanting to get shot, you quickly drop the box and raise your hands above your head so they could see you weren't dangerous.

"I...I just..." You couldn't really tell them the real reason as to why you were visiting. Maura wasn't ready to reveal to her friends that she was dating someone so she kept quiet about you. "I came to drop off some supplies for Dr. Isles. I should go!"

You give them a smile and start to head out when the woman rushes to slam you against the wall and handcuff your hands behind your back.

"Not so fast. We have a couple of questions for you."

"Wait! This is all just a misunderstanding."

"Okay, then explain to us why you were sneaking in." When you don't answer, she just shakes her head and continues to drag you to one of the interrogation rooms. "It's okay. Sooner or later, you will give us an answer."

X

You groaned loudly as they refused to accept your answer and continued to repeat the same question again.

"I would never harm Dr. Isles. This is all a misunderstanding. Let me just talk to her. I'm sure she can explain."

"So you can hurt her. No way. Now...."

"I want a lawyer then! Surely, what you're not doing is legal."

"And neither was sneaking into the office of Dr. Isles. If you can just explain to us what you were doing then we'll be able to let you go."

You were exhausted and all you wanted to go home. With one glance at the clock, you noticed it was too late for you to even do anything for her birthday. At this point, Maura would already be heading home to find an empty house.

"Fine! Then let me call someone."

"So you can clue your partner in about what's going on, no way. You lost any rights when you tried to attempt to hurt one of ours so we'll be here all night."

X

"(y/n), I'm home!" Maura frowns when she doesn't hear a reply. You were usually home earlier than her so it was strange for you to not be home. "(y/n)!"

There's still no answer from you so she checks her phone to see if she had missed a message or call but finds that she had no notifications from you.

Worried that something must've happened to you, she pulls up the app that the two of you used to track your location and finds that you were back at the police station. Panicked to see you at the station, she calls but it goes straight to voicemail. She calls Jane to see if she was at the station but it also goes straight to voicemail. When she calls Vince and it goes to voicemail, she heads back to the station and breaks a few speed limits to arrive at a record of time.

She asks around for you but no one has a clue about your whereabouts. When she asks for Maura, they point her to one of the interrogation room and explain that she had been there for a couple of hours.

X

Maura's eyes widen when she sees you being interrogated while handcuffed to a chair.

"Jane! What are you doing?"

She said after bursting into the room.

"What are you doing, Maura? It's not safe for you to be here. We found her sneaking into your office....."

"Oh my god, Jane. She's my girlfriend! Let her go!"

"What? Girlfriend?! Since when?"

"That doesn't matter! Take off the handcuffs!"

Jane is quick to do so, giving you a quiet apology as she does.

"It's okay. It was my fault really. I wasn't telling you the real reason as to why I was in her office."

"Wait, why didn't you tell me? I could've let you go hours ago."

"Well Maura wanted to keep us a secret and I didn't want to spill anything on her birthday."

"So what I'm hearing is that it's Maura's fault that you were stuck in here."

Maura scoffs as she shakes her head.

"Shut up, Jane. This is still your fault. You're going to pay for my birthday dinner."

"What? But why?"

"because you arrested my girlfriend! We'll be leaving now. I'll send you the check."

Maura takes your hand and leads you out of the room.

X

"I'm really sorry. I just wanted to give you a surprise."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I should be the one to be sorry. You were arrested for a couple of hours because of how I wanted to keep us a secret."

"It's okay. You have your reasons."

"Well it doesn't matter now. They know and besides, we got a free dinner out of it."

"I'm glad my arrest had a purpose."

She rolls her eyes and leans down to kiss you.

"I promise to make it up to you."

"Tell Jane she can arrest me anytime then."