You/Harley Quinn - Long Time Part 3

AN: Might make this a story and rewrite the beginning. Let me know if you're interested 

You smile widely when Dr. Quinzel walks in. It had been a while since your last session and you honestly missed her. 

"Dr. Quinzel! I was beginning to think you had forgotten about me."

She returns the smile as she takes a seat by your bed. 

"How could I forget about my favorite patient? I'm sorry for not being able to visit sooner, I've just been a little busy."

"It's okay. You have nothing to apologize for. You have other patients to deal with..."

"Lets just focus on you. I heard that you're getting released soon."

"I am! The doctor said that I've been improving and he thinks that I can be released from the hospital. I can't wait to leave this room, I need some fresh air....'

Harley stopped paying attention to what you were saying as she started to panic. If you left the hospital, it was going to be harder to visit you. She knew your coworkers would show up after they had been banned by your doctors. It had only been by pure miracle that the doctors figured it was better to slowly introduce you to your old life to help you regain your memories so only your doctors and family members were allowed to visit. 

"Dr. Quinzel? Is everything okay?"

"Huh? Oh! I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling well but don't worry about me. Continue with what you were saying. I heard you were remembering your family."

At the mention of your family, you start telling her everything that you had been remembering since your parents started to visit. The rest of the visit is spent with you telling her what you had remember and the times that your head started to hurt when you wanted to remember something but couldn't.

"You're making great progress, (y/n). I'm incredibly proud of what you've been able to accomplish and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you're able to remember your old life."

"It's all thanks to you, doc. You've been incredibly patient with me and without you, I don't know what I would've done."

"I can't take all the credit, you've also been putting in the work. I actually wanted to bring up something to you. I rarely offer this to my patients but I believe that if spend more time together that I can help you remember more."

"You think it would be better to like live together so my recovery can speed up?"

"I do! You don't have to give me an answer right...."

"I'd like that! How can I pass up an opportunity like this? Wait but what about your other patients? I wouldn't want to impose on someone else's recovery."

"I can send them to my coworkers. I've hardly spent enough time with them for them to call me their doctor. You've been my longest patient in a while."

"Wow. Well then I'm honored. I'll let my parents know..."

"No! I mean..." She clears her throat before speaking again. "I'll let them know. Let me take care of everything. You need to save your energy for your release."

You give her a wide smile, thankful that she was being so kind to you. 

"I don't know what I did to deserve your kindness but thank you."

Harley just nods as she stands up and makes her way out of your room. 

"You just remind me of an old friend."

X

Harley screamed when she turned on the lights of the room to reveal Ivy sitting on the couch. 

"Shit, Ivy. You fucking scared me."

"Where have you been all night?"

"What are you my mother? Why do you care?"

"Because I'm your friend. I'm worried that you've been with that detective again."

"Who Batman? I'm small fish, he doesn't care about me."

Ivy stands up and makes her way to Harley. She grabs the bag in her hands and pulls out the white coat. 

"I'm not stupid, Harley. I told you that you needed to cut this shit out. You need to let her go. Haven't you already put her through so much."

Harley rips the coat out of her hands as she pushes Ivy aside. 

"I'm letting her go, Ivy. I'm leaving the city. You're right. It isn't healthy for me to be doing this."

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah, you won't have to worry about anymore."

"Harley...."

Ivy sighs as Harley slams her door shut. She didn't mean to upset her friend but she was worried. She hadn't been the same ever since you had been shot and lost your memories. 

X

You wave at Dr. Quinzel when she parks the car in front of you. You thank your nurse as he helps you on the car with her help. 

"My parents messaged me that you told them everything about your treatment. Thank you for telling them."

"It's no problem. I needed to keep them up to date. Are you ready to go?"

"I am! Where will be staying?"

"Metropolis. You'll love it there. Your parents mentioned you had always wanted to live there and I figured we could trigger your memories while there."

The name sounded familiar but you wouldn't quite place where you had heard it from. 

"Then what are we waiting for? Lets go!"

Harley laughs and starts the GPS. During one of the times that you had gotten back together, you had mentioned wanting to live in Metropolis to get away from everything. She figured that with nothing connecting you to the city, your memories wouldn't be triggered. Harley had only been spending time with you for a couple of months and she didn't want to let you go. Everything would be fine as long as you didn't remember the past 3 years.