You/Sarah Truong - Along

AN: Never seen the show so this could be entirely wrong

It was wrong of you to be crushing on your new coworker but you couldn't help it

It was wrong of you to be crushing on your new coworker but you couldn't help it. Her smile was enough to make anyone fall in love.

"So I think that's about it. I don't think I forgot anything. Is there anything that you wanted to see in particular? I only showed you what they showed me during my orientation but there are tons of things I could show you."

Sarah knew there was a possibility that she had forgotten something. It was hard to think with you around so Sarah only showed you the places she often visited out of muscle memory.

"Not that I didn't like your tour but I think you might've forgotten to show me my office.."

"Oh! Oh god, I'm so sorry. I'll show you right away. I've just been a little distracted."

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink from embarrassment and she hoped that you hadn't taken notice. Of course, the one thing that she would forget had to be your office.

You don't mind the fact that she forgot, it allowed you to spend more time with her.

"Mind sharing? You don't have to of course but it always helps to talk about it."

Sarah eyes widen, feeling like she had been caught in a lie. She wasn't lying about the fact that she had gotten distracted, she just couldn't admit as to why she was distracted.

"It's just this case that's bothering me. I can't seem to understand how they managed to decompose the body enough to barely leave any bones. There's no sign of acid or anything that could decomposes skin and bones so quickly."

"Do you mind if I take a look?"

"I don't want to trouble you. You're probably already getting cases assigned to you."

"Sarah, a second pair of eyes always helps. Besides, I owe you for giving me a tour of the facilities. I'll stop by later after settling in to take a look at it."

"Great then, it's a da....uh it's settled." Sarah stays quiet for the rest of the walk, feeling incredibly embarrassed about what happened. She couldn't believe that she almost called it a date. She needed to refrain herself from getting ahead. The two of you barely knew each other and it wouldn't be professional of her to be thinking about dating a subordinate. "Here we are. I'll let you get settled then. If you need anything, give me a call or feel free to visit me at my office."

"Thank you, Sarah."

She nods and heads out, leaving you alone in your office. Finally alone, the two of you let out a sigh of relieve. Work was going to be interesting.

X

You looked at all the data that Sarah had given you for the millionth time in the month and you still couldn't put the pieces together. Sarah was at your side, trying to think of new ideas as to what could've happen. The two of you spent your free nights at the office, trying to solve the impossible. While you enjoyed the time that you spent with Sarah, it was incredibly frustrating that neither of you could figure out how the exact cause of death. The body had been nearly decomposed and what was left was not enough to give any clues.

"I know this might be a little far-fetched but I've been reading this new method that other forensic labs are using to figure out cases like this."

"I have heard of it. You think it'll help us with this case."

"I think so. It wouldn't hurt to try."

"I'll start the paperwork to get the procedure approved and budget for it."

X

It took nearly 2 weeks for everything to get approved. Once it did, it took you and Sarah almost a day to get what was left of the body ready to be analyzed.

"This is it! I can't wait to see what this tells us. Even if it doesn't exactly tell us, we'll be able to gather more data."

While everything was analyzed, the two of you talked about other cases. Talking about the two of you solved them and the procedures that two of you had taken. Almost an hour passed and the body is don being analyzed.

"I knew it! I can't believe that I didn't think of this!"

"What? What does it say?"

Sarah hands you the paper with a smile, happy that the test had worked.

"This is amazing! I need to quickly write out my report and submit it so they can submit everything to convict the man. Thank you so much (y/n), I couldn't have done it without you."

"Me? I didn't do anything. You were the one that found as much evidence as you could to be analyzed."

"But if it hadn't been for you mentioning the test then I would still be struggling with this."

"We can agree to disagree. I'll let you finish up with the report. I still need to finish mine. I'll be in my office if you need anything."

X

It was quite late when Sarah finish the report, she finished locking up her office and began to make her way down the hall when she spotted your light still turned on.

"What are you still doing here? It's late."

You looked up from your work, surprised that she was still in the office.

"I'm almost done here. I just got a little distracted."

"You can finish up tomorrow. It's almost 4AM."

"I promise. I'm almost done."

She doesn't quite believe you so she walks further into your office and takes a seat.

"Okay, then I'll wait for you until you finish so we can walk out together."

"Sarah, you're tired. You don't have to wait for me. Go home."

"No, I'm okay here."

You sigh and start saving all your documents. Once your computer was off, you grabbed your stuff and stood up.

"Alright. I'm done. Lets go then."

"That's what I thought."

You roll your eyes with a smile as you walk out with her.

X

It was now or never, taking a deep breath to calm herself down, Sarah turned to look at you.

"I don't know if this is allowed but I was hoping if you'd like to go on a date with me?"

You stopped walking to look at her.

"I don't know, Sarah. What if my boss doesn't allow relationships with a coworker."

"I'm sure your boss can understand."

"Then I'd love to go on a date with you, boss."

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Maggie Sawyer - Broken Part 2

Arizona Robbins - Upset

Katie McGrath - Truth

Rebekah Mikaelson - Meeting

Natasha R... - Cry Part 2

Katie McGrath - Park

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!