You/Yelena Belova - Switch

TW: Death

"Let me go instead

"Let me go instead."

You told Natasha as she was getting ready for the mission to bring back the stones.

"No. You haven't been in the field in so long. We don't know what's out there. Yelena would kill me if I let you go."

"And she'll kill me if I let you go." Natasha continued to prepare for the mission, practically ignoring your plea to go. "Seriously Nat? I'm the one who should be going."

"Well you're not going to go so go away. Don't make me kick you out for interfering with the mission."

You knew she wasn't bluffing. You had seen her kick out trainees for smaller infractions. You had to be the one to go with Hawkeye. You had a bad feeling about the mission and you weren't going to risk Natasha getting hurt. Yelena and Nat had only just reunited and if anything happened to Natasha, you would never be able to live with yourself.

"Alright. I'm going. Be careful."

Natasha nods and you make your way out of the room. When the door closes, you smash the control panel, making it unable to open. Natasha quickly looks up when she hears the banging. She can see you through the small window but she can't see what you're doing.

"What the hell are you doing?" She heads out to check but is unable to when the door doesn't open. She attempts to manually override the system but it doesn't work. "Open the door, (y/n)!"

"I'm sorry, Natasha. This is for the best. If anything happens to me. Tell Yelena that I love her."

As you walked away, Natasha slammed her fists on the small window, attempting to break it but it was useless. There was no signal either so she was unable to do anything. The only thing she could do was hope that you came back safely.

X

Yelena blinks a couple of times when she returns back to the bathroom. She wasn't sure what happened but all she could remember was the dark. Her first instinct is to call you but you don't pick up. She found it strange that you didn't answer considering that you always picked up on the first ring. She then calls Natasha who thankfully picks up.

"Yelena! You're back! Where are you?"

Natasha rushed out when she answered.

"Calm down, Natasha. What's going on? What happened?"

Natasha gets quiet for a second before answering.

"I think it's better that we talk in person. Send me your address and I'll come find you."

"Wait, where's (y/n)? I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up."

"We'll talk in person. Just text me your location."

Natasha hung up, leaving Yelena with more questions than answers.

X

Yelena couldn't sit still as she waited for Natasha. She had turned on the TV to find out that half the universe had been wiped for 5 years. From what she gathered, she was one of the ones who got erased.