The Show

I looked at myself in the mirror. Not going to lie, I look cool. I wore the neon green one sleeve dress and black belt. The other shoulder was bare except for a black tank top strap. I wore the white shiny heeled boots and prayed to god Jihyo that I didn't fall. My hair was dyed very dark blue with lighter blue roots and it straightened to my lower back. Yes, my hair was slightly dead but it looks okay. The makeup is super cool as well for all of us. I finalized the look with my white fingerless glove thing, and the arm warmer on the other arm. Chanhee was so excited when I told him I'd be wearing an arm warmer.

As I waited for the other girls to finish getting ready, I pulled out my phone and watched fan cams of red velvet's Joy and Twice's Sana. They typically get the shortest dresses in their groups. I feel so bad for them, but now I am in their position. I scroll to the comments, there are some weird comments, but most people just compliment them or pity them. It's okay, I can handle this. I sighed, fixing my headset mic. Luna sat next to me on the couch.
    "What's wrong?" she asks.
    "Ugh, I'm just worried about this stupid skirt," I said, pulling it down.
    "I know, I hate how stylists do that, It's okay, maybe you can switch later," Luna said.

    "Thanks," I said, and our manager called us to go to back stage for mic checks. The employees did last minute touches before running off. We still had five minutes so we just watched the people cleaning confetti off from previous performances. I hugged my arms as it was really cold and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Chanhee, Kevin, Sunwoo, Q, and Jacob.

    "good luck!" Kevin said to all of us. We thanked him.

    "Nice arm warmer," Chanhee delicately picked up my hand to look at it. I felt my face getting a bit hot. Why am i like that these days??

    "Thank you," I told him.

"You look pretty," Chanhee blurted out. We all stared at him. "I mean, you all do... I mean, I mean, I'm impressed because... i'm the prettiest idol everyone knows that," He flipped his hair.

"Nice save," Sunwoo laughed. Chanhee let go of my arm and glared at him.

"We know you'll do great!" Jacob said, changing the subject.

"I heard there's a ghost in back stage left," Changmin pointed. Eunbi looked genuinely concerned.

"He's kidding," Kevin said. Suddenly the vent blew out cold air.

"Ugh geez, as if it's not cold enough back here," I muttered and tried to pull down my dress farther. The boys looked at me worriedly, even Sunwoo. Even my brother. They shifted awkwardly, obviously not knowing what to do.

Luckily Eunbi changed the subject. "So do you guys look at the camera or at the crowd?"

"Hmm, usually  when it's your part of the song look at the camera and when it's not just look at the crowd. At least that's what I do," Kevin said.

"Thanks, that makes sense," Eunbi said.

A manager shouted from the stage where the lights were being set up. "On stage NEON please. Take your places. Beginning in 75 seconds,"

"Well, that's us," Luna said. They wished us good luck once more and we headed to the stage. I looked back at them once more, they looked worried so i smiled at them and waved.

Nobody POV

"Why do stylists do that?" Chanhee asked.

"I don't know," Kevin said.

"It obviously makes the girls uncomfortable," Chanhee said.

"I feel bad for Hana and them, it's their very first stage too..." Changmin said, and Jacob nodded.