lets get it

Eunbi shuffles me to the center of the stage and I instinctively tug on Chanhee's jacket.

G-Dragon is about to play our song when jennie yells "stop!". Irene and Momo run to the stage. I kneel on the stage to face them.

"Here, we asked people for their clips or bobby pins for you," Irene places an empty glass cup filled to the brim with hundreds of different pins in them.

"Everyone wanted to help!" Momo grins at me. I smile back, and quickly Luna helps me pin the side of my dress together, put i still keep Chanhee's jacket on my waist because why not. Irene and Momo run back into the crowd, leave the cup of pins at my table, and G-Dragon presses play on the music.

All the idols cheer for us, and this is by far the most comfortable I've been on stage.

The best part was when it was my solo dance break and for once the cheering was the loudest for me. I couldn't contain my smile when we finished and bowed. We rushed off the stage and sat back down at our seats. On the way many people high fived us.

Dinner is being brought out so everyone stays sitting at their table and starts talking again.

"You should've texted me that your dress ripped," luna shouts over the noise.

"You're right, sorry! It happened really quickly- and I ran into SanE- but I ran into Irene and Jennie and-" before I finish the end of my rant my phone dings and I look down.

Anonymous
You got lucky tonight.
But the support you got tonight is all gone once you leave this party.
End it with Sunwoo and stay focused on your career.

I chew my lip, this person must be somewhere in this room. Should I reply? Should I tell Chanhee? or kevin? Or Jennie??
I look around the room, it would be nearly impossible for me to catch this stalker person right now.

Before I can stand to go look for Jennie and Irene, someone taps my shoulder gently. I turn around in my seat and the rest of the NEON members halt their conversations.

I widen my eyes to see Kim Sunwoo standing over me. He looks tired and stressed but also nervous at the same time.

"Hey... can we uh, talk for a bit. In the lobby?" He asks, avoiding eye contact.
"Oh. Sure I guess," I stand up from my seat and make eye contact with Chanhee as we leave.

In the lobby
Sunwoo sits on one end of the couch in the lobby and I sit on the opposite.

Sunwoo clears his throat, "I just wanted to say... sorry. I rose my voice yesterday, and you ran away I just-".

"You don't have to be sorry. You don't need to be sorry because of your feelings. Um, is that all you wanted to say? Because I forgive you," I tell him.

"Oh, well... If i'm being honest I just want to get this over with. I just want- I want your answer," He fiddles with the zipper on his jacket.

"My answer?" I stall.

"To my confession. I mean I think I know what the answer is but, I want to hear it from you so I can get some closure," Sunwoo says. I feel horrible, I've never seen him like this. He's usually so sassy and confident. And- it's because of me that he's like this now.

"Look, I really appreciate your feelings. I think you're an amazing person. But I just don't think we're right for each other, I'm sorry. There are people who are meant to stay best friends," I say. I've never reject anyone, this feels so wrong, in fact I've never been in a relationship even... but it just felt so natural with Chanhee. anyways back to Sunwoo.

"Okay... Okay," Sunwoo takes in a shaky breath, "This is expected," he mutters and looks towards the floor.

"I'm really sorry. I wasn't expecting this at all," I say.

"It's okay. I just think, maybe we should keep some space between us now. It's not you- It's... I'll get awkward probably," Sunwoo stares at the floor.

"Oh- okay. That's fine, I think it's about time this dating scandal is over anyways." I say. I don't want to make it worse but I know the right thing to do.
"And, I wanted to tell you now, because it would be better for you to learn this from me. But- I'm kind of dating Chanhee,"

Sunwoo snaps his head up, "R-really?" His face is brave but his voice sounds heartbroken.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry. But it kind of started before you confessed to me. If I wasn't with Chanhee I-"

"Just- just save it. Thanks for telling me, and just don't contact me anymore," Sunwoo stands up, and I can tell he's trying so hard not to let his emotions show.
I watch as he quickly walks back into the party room. I sigh, I hope I handled that right.

I enter the party again and I realize it's already midnight. some people are starting to go up to their hotel rooms but I want to see Chanhee before I go up.
I make my way towards our tables, only Luna, Sujin, and Eunbi are left at mine, and only Chanhee, Juyeon, Changmin, and Kevin are left at the boyz table.

I plop down on the chair next to Chanhee and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Did I miss something??" Changmin asks. I want to make an excuse but I'm too drained to even talk.
"I have no clue," Juyeon answers.

"Guess what," Chanhee says quietly to me.
"What,"
"My energy is at 2%" he says.
"Same," I say.
"Wanna tell me what happened with Sunwoo? He just grabbed his phone from the table and left," Chanhee says, so only I can hear.
"Tomorrow," I mumble.

Kevin is about to say something when Beyoncé starts playing, the song he requested two hours ago. He stands up immediately, and drags Juyeon and Changmin with him to the dance floor where the rest of the standing extrovert idols are.

Chanhee rests his head on mine and we stay like this for five minutes before I feel myself drift off.

A/N other than the boyz what groups do you stan? Any underrated groups you would recommend?

xoxo
potato