Three|The family

"Uncle Kira

"Uncle Kira. I missed you." My племянник Kyle squeaks out as soon as I come through the door. (Nephew)

He's a ball of energy and love. Throwing his small body into my opened arms. I brace myself with ease and practice picking him up. Kyle beams brightly at me so wide the dimple in his left cheek peeks out.

"I missed you too. Give me a hug."

He does wrapping his small arms around my neck. Not too tight but enough so I can feel he's secure in my arms. I close the door behind me stepping into his home. My older sister's, Katina.

Our mother really was obsessed with the letter K, so much she named us all names beginning with K.

Katina continued this tradition with her firstborn Kyle and her 4-month-old twins, Khioniya and Khristina. Speaking of Katina she comes around the corner carrying one infant while Michail holds the other.

"You made it brother. It's good to see you." Katina says.

I get closer to her and her husband. Leaning in I plant a kiss on the forehead of each of my nieces. I still can't tell them apart. Each smile cheeky up at me. Their skin is still so pale. Both their eyes are deep blue like their father's.

"You know I could never disappoint my favorite nephew."

Katina and Michail lead us into their sitting room. While Kyle is laughing away at my bad joke.

"Uncle Kira I'm your only nephew." He gets out chuckling at me.

I shake my head joking along with him. Katina shakes her head in a motherly nature at the two of us. She sits beside her husband. I sit across from them with Kyle who slides onto my lap.

I run my hand through his hair which he's growing out to reach the same length as mine. If I had a son I'd want him to be just like my nephew.

"How's everything going?" I ask. Directing the question to either Katina or Michail.

Their home is awfully quiet today. Michail is the first to answer.

"We're hanging in there with everything going on with the pandemic, the newborns. Just trying to take it one step at a time. Viktor and Lada just went up for a nap before you arrived."

"Oh okay. Hopefully, mom and dad, wake up before I leave."

I turn to Kyle pinching his cheeks.

"So bud what are we doing today."

Kyle turns facing me. He gets excited all over again probably from thinking about what we'll do. His amber eyes which are the same shade as my own twinkle with childlike wonder.

Everything seen behind those eyes is a world without hate or violence. He knows not yet of our broken world, of the sick bodies filled with fear and sadness, not of racism and its perpetuated cycle of brutality on others.