Twelve|The Bychkov's

"Are you ready?" Asks Kira

"Are you ready?" Asks Kira. Breaking the silence.

Am I? I guess.

It won't be that bad right. I should have gotten advice from Javon. He's familiar with this experience. Having gone through it with Chris. But there's no way to know how something will play out until it actually happens, is there. Even with a first-hand account of what to expect.

Kira along the drive kept reassuring me his parents will adore me. Saying there is nothing for me to be anxious about. I know, and I believe him. Scratch that I trust him, but I'm still going to be nervous until it happens. That's the kind of person I am. I'm the girl who is overly nervous to do public speaking, present on a project until it's actually occurring then at that moment all my nerves evaporate as if they never existed in the first place.

We're in his truck. It's parked on the sidewalk which all up and down is lined with an array of brownstone townhouses. Their designs all different and unique from the next. Each having its own character. At least what my eyes gather in the night. There's a streetlamp casting shadows on the concrete.

I look around the neighborhood. Wondering if this is where Kira grew up after moving from Russia. He's patiently waiting for when I'm ready.

I hold the flowers, glance at him. He looks so handsome and rugged in his clothes. His beard beginning to grow out more. Reaching over I rub it. Marveling at how soft it is.

"Your beard is so soft." He smirks at this. "I'm ready now." I continue.

"Detka. I promise it'll be alright. Let me come around for you."

Without his assistance, I wouldn't be able to get out of his truck especially in these heels. No matter how comfortable they are.

Kira helps me down. The wispy breeze from the wind blows my face. Making me shiver. Drawing my coats tighter around me, I make sure not to mess up the flowers. He shuts the door locking it. Holding around my waist. Guiding us up to the home.

Where a flight of stairs awaits us. We head up. I'm careful to not fall. But with Kira holding me close I know it's not likely.

Will she like the flowers? I hope so.

Kira doesn't ring the doorbell just inserts a key and opens the door. He ushers me inside first then comes in closing the door behind us.

"Baby let me get your coat."

"Thank you," I say handing it over.

He puts it on the coat rack behind the door.

A child's laughter is heard from within the home. Sounding like Kyle. Kira takes my hand this time, to greet his family.

Here goes nothing.

>>>>

"Uncle Kira. Yay, you're here!"