Thirty-Eight|Getting closer

Why didn't I give him this position long ago?

Something good came out of firing Lucas. For awhile it was difficult to fill his space. Every candidate I interviewed, lacked Something. None of them seemed to be the right fit for some reason.

Until it finally hit me, why keep looking outside the firm. Just hire Austin. He's been here for a good amount of time. He knows how things work. He has experience and knowledge since its the field he's studying. Most of all, I already trust him. I'm familiar with him.

Austin became the perfect person for the job. I don't want to overwlem him so we came to an agreement, he'll introduce me some trustworthy peers so I can see if any of them is suited to take his old job. If so hire that person and while he's earning his degree slowy transition him into a full time architect at the firm.

It makes sense once I think about it. Thankfully he agreed and wanted the job. So for the past few weeks I've been interviewing those Austin recommends. I haven't found the right person yet. But I'm hopeful things will change.

Eureka is close to being seven months pregnant. About a week or so away. Which means we're almost there as Doctor Johnson prepared use to expect she'll be full term before the usual 9 months. I'm nervous but also excited at the same time.

Eureka is excelling at being pregnant. She's long gotten over her morning sickness and now has this glow about her. Though she normally glows but no this is different. All the noticeable changes in her body makes me proud and thankful she's such a strong woman. Proud she is my woman.

From her protruding belly, further widen hips, swollen ankles and breasts. Everything about her screaming our boys are ready to arrive. With each month that's passed I've become increasingly protective of her. Eureka hates this but she understands I don't want anything to happen to either her or our babies.

With the passing of months brings changing seasons. No longer is there sweltering humidity of summer but the early stages of winter. Rainy cold days, where the last brown leaves fall from all the trees.

I've always enjoyed autumn. Love the smell of the dewy air's wetness that lurks as if at any second the sky will open up and pour. I like knowing nights become longer and Autumn usually means holidays and more family time.

Eureka is excited for Thanksgiving. Julian and Peter are coming for Thanksgiving weekend. Having met them after we announced the news about expecting I'm not nervous this time around.

>>>>

"Kira can you get me some popcorn and peanut butter"

"What? Come again baby."

"Skinny pop and peanut butter from the fridge, please."

Eureka begs while making that face she knows I can't say no to. Pouted lips, flapping eyelashes that excentuate her brown eyes even further.