Eleven|We work together

"It's good to see you, Kyle

"It's good to see you, Kyle. How are you?"

He's my last student today. I haven't seen his adorable face since he introduced me to his uncle Kira. Kyle leans forward, with a wide grin on his round face.

"It's nice to see you too. I'm okay."

"Yeah, and how was school today?"

Kyle pauses before answering. "Okay. I still don't like school on my computer but it's not so bad."

He and many of my students dislike virtual school. They didn't like not being in their classroom. That their teacher wasn't with them, and they miss talking with their friends, and for many other reasons find remote learning horrible compared to normal school.

"I know. Did you have any difficult work today? We can also tackle some of your Science homework. I know sometimes it gives you a hard time."

"That sounds okay. Can I go get my Science workbooks, Ms. Eureka? I left them on the dining table."

"Of course, go ahead."

My eyes follow Kyle's as he leaves his mom's office to get his stuff for today's tutoring session. Kyle is wearing a bright orange shirt with a cartoon character I don't recognize, with ombre blue shorts. They pair well together.

He's always dressed cute and colorful, whenever I see him.

Behind me, I hear footsteps. It's Kira entering the room going to lay on the bed. He must have finished his architectural work in the kitchen.

Which is so cool. I can't draw a circle much less a straight line.

"Is it alright if I lay down while you work?" Kira asks.

I turn around. "Sure as long as you're not distracting."

He nods. He situates himself in the middle of the bed. Not bothering to go under the covers. His large frame taking up nearly all the space. His feet don't dangle off only because he's bent his knees facing me.

"Ms. Eureka. I'm back. Who were you talking to?" Kyle draws my attention to him on my screen. He's back in his seat. Looking closely to find out who I'm with. Kira sits up for a second. Surprising his nephew.

"It's me," Kira says. Kyle's matching amber eyes are confused as to why his uncle is with his tutor. I have no idea what his young mind is putting together, seeing us in the same room.

"Uncle Kira. Why are you with Ms. Eureka?"

I keep quiet leaving Kira in the hot seat to answer this question. Kira gets up coming over to the desk. He bends forward placing his chin on top of my curls. Holding the chair.

Kyle stares at us.

"Ms. Eureka is my girlfriend."

"You guys are together. Like мамочка and папочка?" Kyle questions. (Momma and papa)