Ten|Breakfast and dessert

"Is he in the waiting room?"

My receptionist Austin, looks up from his computer.

"Yes, Mr. Bychkov. Him and his wife are waiting for you."

"Okay thank you," I tell Austin. Going to the waiting room. I haven't met this client. Due to COVID, all my consultations moved, to over the phone or video. Once I have plans drafted and they've sent us a negative COVID test, do we schedule an in-person appointment.

You never can be too careful these days. I adjust my mask over my face as I near the pair. Stopping in front of the gentleman, I reach out for a handshake.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Nelson. I'm Kira Bychkov. We spoke over the phone a few weeks ago."

Mr. Nelson shakes my hand. A firm shake. "Thank you for meeting with us so late Mr. Bychkov. It's the only time I could come with my schedule."

Mr. Nelson looks like he's in his late forties. He's starting to develop wrinkle lines around his brown eyes.

"It's no problem. Nice meeting you too Mrs. Nelson." I greet going to shake her hand as well.

Her's smaller, falls into mine. I glance upward meeting a woman looking two decades younger than Mr. Nelson. She could be his daughter, wearing a black mask.

I turn to guide the two of them. "Please right this way to my office."

They follow behind me. I unlock the door. Stepping inside making the automatic lights flash on. Going around my desk, I stand and instruct them. "Have a seat please."

Mr. and Mrs. Nelson sit in front of the desk. Mrs. Nelson looks around my office. "Alright let's get started shall we."

>>>>

"Everything looks better than I imagined Mr. Bychkov. What do you think Aurora?" Mr. Nelson shows the plans to his young wife.

They excitedly scan it again making sure everything is to their liking. Mrs. Nelson grins happily up at her husband.

"It looks great. I love the size of our walking closet. It seems perfect to me."

Mr. Nelson rolls up the blueprint for his soon-to-be three-story home in Queens NY. He hands it to me.

"We love it. It's just what we wanted. How soon can you have this sent to our contractor and his team?"

I'm glad they like it.

"By Monday next week. Just leave their contact with Austin."

Mr. Nelson shakes my hand again. "Thank you. You're the third architect we've gone to. Out of all three, you were the best. Plus it helps that we could meet with you so late."

I let go of his hand. "Your welcome it was a pleasure. I need you to sign some forms then I'll walk you guys out front. Austin will take your payment."