Demon Brother

The wind hustled into his boney face, snow crunches under his feet. As he walk through the cold hard wind of winter. His breath could be heard. His sight getting blurry but proceeded to walk the icy cold wind. He carried his unconscious bleeding brother through the storm.

'How in the world could something like this happened?' His shivering while walking on the crunching snow. 'C'mon nightmare, I've got you, don't die on me' Dream held his brother tightly on his back. 'No matter what it takes, I'll save you' It was so hard walking through the deep snow but he wasn't gonna give up. 'I won't let you die, I promise I'll save you. Your big brother gots you!'

We wonder of why is he walking in the cold wind of the winter storm, why is his brother bleeding and promising to save him.

We go back a day and a couple hours ago.

Pieces of charcoal fell in the basket. Dream got the basket of charcoal on his back, preparing to go in the far town where he sells all the charcoal for gold. "Dream!" His mother called. "You're face is all dirtied, let me clean you up" Nim was the name of dream's mother. Nim walked closer to his son and crouch down to clean her son's face. "Y'know, your really don't have to go. All the snow could be dangerous." She wipe the cloth gently on dream's face. "I want us to have a good new years celebration, where everyone could eat as much as they want. So, I'll sell all the charcoal I can" he replied. Nim looked his son with a gentle smile "How thoughtful" Nim brought the cloth down and took a look at her son.

"I'm coming with you!" A smaller and squeaker voice answered. Nim sighed at her other son "No you're not" She for up on her feet. "Y'know you can't walk as fast as dream can nighty" "Oh c'mon mom!" The smaller shouted "No way" she walked to her younger son. "His not able to use the cart today. Which means he can't give you a ride when he get tired." Nightmare looked down on his feet and grumbled in disappointment. Nightmare ran to his brother and hugged him "Dream! I wanna come with you! I promised, I'll help out" dream crouched down and answered with a pat. "That's very generous of you, nightmare." He complimented, leading nightmare to grow a smile and a bit of hope to come with his brother, selling charcoal. "But no you're staying home today." Nightmare's smile disappeared with a replace of a frown. "Sorry nighty, but I'll bring back goodies, okay?" "Promised?!" "Yeah" nightmare chuckled in happiness.

"Thank you for doing this dream" his mother thanked him. " "Of course, time for me to head out" He got up.

Dream walked off to town waving his goodbye to his family, not knowing that this might be the last goodbye he'll have.

They didn't exactly had an easy life, but they were happy. Life can change as sudden as the weather. It shifts and moves on. The sun can't shine forever and the snow has to stop at some point. But whatever happens, when happiness is destroyed, it's always followed..

By the smell of blood..

A lady sweeping her porche had notice dream "Oh dream! You walked out the mountain like a day like today? Don't you ever stop working? You could catch a cold" The lady was worried about dream's wellbeing. Dream walked closer to the lady " it not as bad as you think" he replied. "You need a refill on charcoal by any chance?" He asked the lady.

"Hey dream! I'll take some more!" A man had shouted to him "I'm good but thanks for fixing my sliding doors the other day" Another man had shouted. "I need some charcoal too!" A woman then shouted to him. Dream smiled at the many costumers he had.

A door had swang open exiting a man holding the back collar of another. The younger man had noticed dream and shouted for help "Dream!" Dream looked at his back and saw a young man who look like to be a teen being held by an older man. "I'm so glad you're here!" The teen tried walking to dream, crouched down to him and made dream looked at a broken glass of bowl "Give it a sniff!" Dream walked a little closer and sniffed the broken pieces of glass. He then looked at the older man "It smells like a cat to me" The teen smiled and looked at another person that seems to be a woman, perhaps his mother? "You see!?" "So, it really was a cat" "I tried to tell you I didn't do it!" He shouted to his mother in anger.