Took too long {Human}

Ccino is a quiet high school boy. He was nice and passive about a lot of things, he also worked part time in a cat cafe as a barista. Not really someone who stands out but also not wanting to stand out.

One day, though..

"Hey, I'm Nightmare! You're my friend, now!" A short boy slammed his hands on his desk and said those following words. It shocked and confused him on where this boy came from. Ccino couldn't get a single word out of himself, stuttering as he tries to make one. "You smell like coffee, that's why I wanna be friends with you"

It was a strange introduction and explanation but somehow, it worked out. They became friends through their whole high school year. Their senior year comes out and Nightmare who didn't look like the energetic type but he reminded him of the cats in his cafe. Loud and quiet, small and  squishy, lazy and energetic, fluffy hair and stubby feet. Lately, Nightmare has been acting strange.

"Hey, let's go to the park this weekend" A sigh was release from the coffee boy. "Sure, thing.. Just make sure it's in Saturday. I have work at Sunday." "Yeah, yeah, I know" letting out a giggle that flustered him a bit but didn't show the emotions.

Walking around the park, they talked about the simple things like midterms, grades, upcoming festivals, and so on. "I'm gonna continue working at the cafe when I graduate" He announced to Nightmare who kept a double curve mouth. "Then.. I'll continue my family's business with my brother at the market"

Nightmare's family owned a Mochi shop, making mochi traditionally hand made. Coming up with new ideas and recipes every time they had a chance like valentine's and Christmas. Nightmare's mother currently owns it alone and divorced but he was fine.

They went to more places where Nightmare would drag him by hand and never let go. They would go to the aquarium, theme parks, movies. It made Ccino's build up emotions on Nightmare grow even bigger. Getting harder to hide each time he got close.

Winter came and it was the twins birthday. They didn't celebrate their birthday until nighttime when everything is set up. Ccino was invited to the small party but Nightmare wanted to hang out before the party started.

"Ccino, hold my hand. I forgot my gloves at home" Ccino let out a small laugh on how forgetful Nightmare would get on rare times. "Ccino, you want some mochi? Me and my brother did a new a recipe. It's yellow been paste and taro mochi! Try it" Handing the mochi to home, they walked to the bridge to their school as they ate and held hands. Nightmare was red from being cold so he held Ccino's hand tighter. "I keep forgetting how small your hands are" "Is that so?.." Usually Nightmare would come up with a loud response and say that it isn't then get angry when he's proven wrong.

"Yeah.." He couldn't see Nightmare's face through his hair but his pale cheeks showed so much red on it. "Ccino" They stop their tracks at the middle of the bridge underneath the tree covered in snow with a lamp pose at the other side. Nightmare stood in front of Ccino looking down. "What is it, Nightmare?" He could see the steam of air coming out of Nightmare's mouth. "I.." "Hmm?" Something felt right but so wrong at the same time.

Nightmare stood on his toe and pulled his hand gently down. Before Ccino could say anything, Nightmare kissed him. Euphoria exploded in Ccino's head as his bottled feelings exploded him into red. After the long-awaited kiss to stop and separate their mouth. Ccino covered his mouth with his hands.. Completely flustered on how soft Nightmare's lips was. "What was that.. All about?" He accidentally let out of his mouth.

Ccino didn't mean to.. Honestly he didn't.

Looking at Nightmare after his small fluster attack. he saw so much emotions on Nightmare's face. Confusion, shock, sadness.. His eyes were wide open with his mouth slightly open. Tears started to swell on his eyes. "What do you mean what was that all about?" Ccino backed up. Did he worded that wrong? Yeah.. He did.